Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sitting on Patrick

This evening, I went to my parent's house to drop off Easter eggs and pick up a pork loin. The eggs went down well, the folks were most pleased, and I was fully satisfied with the pork loin, as Buff and myself are planning on having it tomorrow. I sat and chatted with them for a while, when suddenly my mother remembered that my sister had dropped off a present for me.
And what a present it was!! It's a Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants cushion!!!! Awesome! The 'rents clearly had no idea who or what Patrick might be, but I was very pleased and so sat on him for the remainder of my time with them, and on the way home in the car. Buff was also impressed, it's going to go in our Mac Suite (yeah that's right) and sit next to the talking Spongebob Squarepants that Buff bought me when we first started going out.

Today was a sad day for me, as my South African soul mate friend Caryn, left, and I actually shed a tear after she'd left. I shall see her again, but it was horrible to see her go, especially as she's the only other person in my department who knows who Chuck Norris is. So, in tribute to Caryn, here's a picture of the man himself:



Today was a productive day for aggravating Arkwright. I never actually saw him myself (well, I did briefly on the way into work but I mainly spoke to the Saint cos he was acting stroppy), but Ming was kind enough to report back on events. I had seen Ming around mid-morning when he came to drop a book off for me. He spotted a big box of elastic bands and asked if he could have a couple. As the box was pretty useless to me, being that said bands were the wrong size, I said he could have the whole thing. Ming and the dude he sits next to (I call him Ford, because he always seems to drive Fords, but in a good way, think of Ford Prefect for example) then decided to spend the day flicking the elastic bands at Arkwright, which didn't go down well! He was in a bad mood anyway, but this obviously didn't help. I think it was my fault he was in a bad mood, we had had a heated discussion the previous night about routers, LAN to LAN, VPNs, RFC1918s, all sorts. It didn't end well, I blame myself. I don't actually care though. He should buy a decent router instead of using second-hand rubbish.

So it's Easter this weekend, hooray!! I am currently trying to read a Check Point Security Administration manual but have had no time to do so. Now I have four days! I'll be an expert come Monday, and depending on my confidence, may even change my IM name to Diffie-Hellman!!!

Over and out.

No comments: