Tuesday, April 11, 2006

G-G-G-Granville

Finally managed to make lunch with IT today. Discovered that it's Mexican day in the canteen on Thursday, exciting stuff. However, the menu is un-inspiring so I shan't be participating.

But back to IT. Discovered that Arkwright eats cereal dry. He has a glass of milk on the side to 'wash it down', but anything he doesn't use, goes back in the bottle. Sweet Jesus! Is there no low he won't drop to to save money!!!!! Another IT fellow, who I like to call, Harry Potter, because he looks like, Harry Potter, suggested that he waited til he got to work, because we work at a dairy (I will explain in more detail mid-week), and fresh milk from the machine is FREE! Arkwright laughed this off, but I'm pretty sure we're all expecting him to start getting in early so he can do just this. He and his lovely wife (also in the IT crowd, I will refer to her as Saint) are going on holiday for a week on Sunday. They're off to Germany, because Arkwright realised they could drive there (cheaper than flying apparently). Good plan, but they hadn't reckoned on Ming.......Ming, is the leading authority on all things car, and brought to Arkwright's attention, the fact that the lovely people at the Channel Tunnel, don't allow economical and cheap-to-run LPG vehicles in the tunnel, in case they explode!! Disaster! So they have had to hire one at the other end, ouch!! Unbelieveably, they (I'm saying 'they', it's more likely to be 'he') have found the same car in Germania! Not sure how much it's costing, he wouldn't say, and as Saint has had a few days off in preparation for the holiday, we couldn't get it off her. He'll have got it for a song though no doubt. Perhaps he'll barter, take them some free milk from the machine....I'd put nothing past him. I told him I'd apologized for calling him tight, but after the cereal thing, I told him I took it back. He laughed. Fool.

Good news. Battlestar Galactica is going to be shown on Sky 3. As we're getting rid of our Sky (because it's rubbish, and the + bit should actually be a - because it never works), this is good news! We are replacing it with Freeview, which, luckily, Sky 3 is on! Wahoo! I cannot live without BSG, I will NOT live without BSG, but at the same time, I recognise Sky has to go, so this is the best news I have had all week! Buff is also pleased, because he gets to buy a new gadget! He'd like a TiVo, but it's not going to happen. Instead, we're thinking of a Humax 9200T, BUT!! B&O are bringing something out soon so only time will tell....

No comments: