Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cheese & Pants

Tonight, Buff caught me eating a block of cheese straight out of its packet. I'm so ashamed. And yet, slightly proud of my actions. Unfortunately I put it down to eat my dinner, and forgot it was there. Buff then had to tell me to put it back in the fridge because I'd left it next to the radiator. I did, but hope he doesn't notice my teeth marks in it should he come to have some.

So anyway, I read the strangest letter in the back of the Radio Times today. It was one from a reader/viewer/listener, whatever, and I haven't the foggiest what he was on about. But it was so bizarre, I felt the need to re-publish it here:

"I wish to complain in the strongest terms. Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show (Radio 4) is far too funny for my own good. I'd come home from work early and so had time to make a nice bowl of soup. Count Arthur came on and I lost it en route from my kitchenette. Hot mulligatawny down your gusset is no laughing matter - the stains are indelible. I suggest that if Radio 4 sees fit to give this Count Arthur another airing then the announcer makes it clear the programme is seriously, nay dangerously, funny."
Timothy Brett, Sheffield

WTF?!!! For a start, if I came home from work early I think I'd have time to make something a bit more exciting than a bowl of soup! Surely that's the kind of thing you have when you haven't got all the time in the world. And what's all this gusset business?? Indelible stains?! Mental motherf*cker. Still, I suppose he is from Sheffield.

That was it really, I feel better for getting it off my chest. Actually, I was going to put a picture of a gusset on here to emphasise my disdain for Mr Brett, and in my search, I came across a particularly random website that needs to be seen to be believed....

http://www.1976design.com/blog/archive/2004/03/18/underwear-results/

I feel an affinity with this guy, and may have to wear my own underwear backwards tomorrow, just to see....

No comments: