Sunday, April 16, 2006

megaRARE

Remember me? Yes, I have been missing for a couple of days. Only cos it's Easter weekend though, I'm not normally busy. Yesterday, Buff, myself, my sister and my niece decided to go out for the day. We went to a magical place called Tropical World. Cost us three squid each to get in (cue Tony Harrison voice, "It's an outrage!"), though as my niece is only eight months old, she got in free. Well it certainly was tropical, we were sweating buckets within two minutes of going in. The furry-hooded parker I had chosen to wear was clearly a mistake. Anyway, there was lots to see, birds, fish, butterflies, chavs, the whole spadoopa. Some of the fish really were MAHOOSSIVE!! I was secretly very scared of them coming to get me in my sleep. My niece (I like to call her Biz) was completely unphased all the way round until we got to the nocturnal section. The bat cave didn't go down well, perhaps it was the darkness, night-time is her favourite time to scream according to my sister. We had to try and get out as quickly as possible, not the easiest thing to do when it's pitch black and you have a pushchair. We came out in some kind of desert area where we saw meerkats which was pretty cool, though they did reek. Anyway, it was all very exciting and afterwards we went to get coffee from a nearby establishment.
When Buff and I got home, we slept, because we are lazy. Then we ate lots, because we are also greedy. The rest of the day was a bit of a blur but I seem to recall watching about four episodes of Grand Designs. Oh, and the new Dr Who, which was gay. And wrong. Very wrong.

Today, we went out for lunch with the 'rents and sister & co again. Was alright, though we were in a pub that dates back to 905A.D so it was pretty dark. Biz was on top form, and afterwards when we all went back to the folks' house, she showed us how bouncy her baby bouncer is. Bless. I can't wait to have my son Max (yes, after Macs). He's gonna be cool, and I'm going to dress him in Korn babygrows and stuff. He's going to rule. In fact, in my search for Korn babygrows tonight, I came across a phrase that I liked so much, I decided I should start a band. We're going to be called megaRARE. I saw it on eBay. Never heard that expression before, thought it was cool. Will have to enlist recruits, willing or otherwise. Then, Max can be a groupie, and we're our own babygrows. Though he'll have to wear Korn ones too, give him a bit of variation.

Now, I'm waiting for my oven chips to be ready. Finding Neverland is on. The other night, Buff and I watched 'The Village,' which, even though we knew the ending, was pretty good. So we've taken a chance on Neverland. Hmm, boring so far, may have to see if there are anymore Grand Design repeats on.....

All my IT buds have vanished. Arkwright's on holiday now, Ming is out there somewhere in the ether(net). At least Buff is still here. He will help me eat Camembert.

Mmm, Camembert....

No comments: