Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Return of the Oddie


Well, not content with producing his own milk, it would seem that Bill Oddie and his chums are back!! Return of the Goodies is currently showing on BBC2. From what I can guage though, it's not a new series, it's a programme about them, which is slightly disappointing. Course, I'm not that disappointed, or I wouldn't be listening to Lacuna Coil's 'Coma Lies' and blogging at the same time, but I thought it was worth a mention. I'm not sure why. I must be one of the only people who thought the original show was amusing. I've only seen repeats I hasten to add, I'm not old enough to have watched it the first time round!! Anyhoo, I have developed a new found interest in Bill Oddie (along with Rod Hull of course), so I feel the need to refer to him now and then.
Moving on, today I relented and dragged myself to the doctors. Living in a small village is great, cos I was the only person in the waiting room, and when I went into the pharmacy afterwards (which is only small) there were seven members of staff and me. You get bloody good service!! Anyway, apparently I have Bronchitis, which produced gasps from my mother and sister when I broke it to them later, but is actually quite common. So I'm on antibiotics, which is all very exciting, as I have to take them four times a day. That's quite a commitment for an 'anti' person like me. The last thing I committed to was marriage, so this may take some getting used to. If it means I can breathe though I suppose it's worth it!!! I'm hoping they'll eradicate my mother of all ulcers too, as it's starting to really piss me off. I shall have to give it a name soon, it could be a repeat of 'How to Get Ahead in Advertising.' I'm getting sick of being off though, it's boring. There's only so much 'Cash in the Attic' and '60 Minute Makeover' I can take. There was a Powerbook on the latter programme today though, so it was worth it for that alone. 'Diagnosis Murder' is always good, and today's was no exception, but nevertheless, I need human contact. I have to regularly empty the random contents of my head to a willing (or unwilling) audience, or it sends me mental.
Speaking of which, the Goodies are now singing 'Do the Funky Gibbon.' Cool.
So that's me for today, not a great deal to report. I'm off to do a bit more coughing.

No comments: