Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ford

Apologies for this being so late to arrive. I did it when I did the others but I had attempted to put a picture of Ford on here (made out of Lego that is), but Blogger was having none of it, so I'll have to convert the file and put it on when I do the other pics. Anyways, Thursday was Ford's last day. Ming and I bought him some gifts that looked good in the shop, but when we gave them to him looked a bit crappy. He's leaving to become a maths teacher, so we got him a 'My First Book of Numbers' and a plastic apple for his desk. He seemed pleased enough. Well at least he can think of us when he's sat at his desk I suppose. Later on, we all went out for a meal to a fancy Italian restaurant that looked slightly 70s, but in a good way. Ming and I arrived first, not sure how, we left after everybody else and went the wrong way, so were completely late. But we sat in exotic leather armchairs sipping Coke and J20s whilst we waited for the rest of IT to arrive. When they all turned up, we sat down and ate. The food was pretty good, I ate Thai Fishcakes (a popular Italian dish), Steak with Parma Ham and Dolcelatte cheese, and this caramel pudding thing, which was pretty good, but came with a dubious sauce. Arkwright asked if he could finish my sauce off so i let him. He hadn't seen me sneeze on it (by accident), but everyone else did, and he seemed to think they were laughing because he was eating left-overs. Oh well, ignorance is bliss ey. Then we vacated the place and headed to a funky bar full of leather sofas and games. The numbers slowly dwindled, and in the end it was just me, Ming and Ford, which is how it should be really. I couldn't tell you what we talked about all evening, but we had a super time. Then we left, which was very sad, and I didn't know what to say or do, which was all a bit awkward. I couldn't walk too well at that point either, as my shoes were killing me, so I looked drunk. We said our goodbyes and hobbled away back to the car park. I have to change shoes to drive, possibly because my feet are huge, who knows, but I couldn't get my trainers on cos my feet were all swollen. I forced them on, and got home at about half one. I was pretty tired the next day, believe me. And I felt strange. And still do.

Sigh.

No comments: