Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Jeremy

Tonight, painting began on the dinosaur. Unfortunately, I have now run out of green paint, as I think I used most of it when I made Peroni, so tomorrow I'll have to get more. Time is tight, as I'll have to come home, paint him, go to see SNAKES ON A PLANE! then come home and fix his teeth, tongue and arms on. Oh the pressure, Ford had better be impressed, this has been my most detailed project to date, on the tightest deadline. He looks good though. Kind of like that dinosaur in Toy Story. I've called him Jeremy, as I made his hands out of pipe-cleaners, and one is slightly bigger than the other. By calling him this though, I feel obliged to tie a neck-kerchief round his neck (funnily enough), and perhaps give him a small teddy bear named Aloysius, a la Brideshead Revisited. Alas, I don't have that kind of time......
Ford's leaving bash is on Thursday night, and we are now going to a really NOISY Italian restaurant, which is in/on/under some arches. Dark ones. Or something. Should be interesting, Arkwright is going (remember him? He threw a massive hissy fit after I blogged him in April, and fell out with me. So I apologised and we kind of made up, but then I managed to upset him over something else, so it's pretty much just pleasantries currently. He doesn't read this though so no harm mentioning him now I reckon!!), so yes Arkwright will be going, and I'm keen to see if he'll just order a starter and make it last the whole evening. Then make his wife pay for it. At least she's going, she can stop any more arguments should they occur. I'll be sat next to Ming, but who else I don't yet know. I'd like to think inbetween Ming and Ford, my safety zone, but no doubt I'll get sat next to Arkwright, or the other weirdo in IT that nobody likes. We'll see. Should be good. I hope. Please.
I can't post pictures on here at the moment, possibly because we're STILL on dial-up!! I'm not sure what's worse; having no internet or being on dial-up. Ironically, the ISP we're using is the one Hefty works for, and they still can't get it right. Messed something up on our order because were previously on a trial-period of 20Mb or something ridiculous, and they thought we were just 'not doing that anymore' so they didn't move it over. I can't take much more, it's making blogging a chore. I keep posting duplicate comments on other peoples' blogs, and as I say, images are a no go. Boo, I wanted to put a pic of Jeremy up. Let's hope we get broadband back soon. It'll probably be at about 2Mb or something, which is crap if you're used to 20 (I actually think it was 12Mb, but 20 sounds better).
Anyway, I'm going to go to bed, as I have now been listening to BBC7 for about 5 hours, and have started talking like I'm in a play. Not good. Dear friends. Nay.

No comments: