Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The wrinklypeeps aint lying

I'm beginning to believe that spiel old people spout about having no time when they retire! I've not stopped! Well, I've been ill, but when I wasn't being ill I didn't stop!

I had another tidying spurt on Friday, and Hefty was very impressed when he got home. In fact, he's very impressed every day with my various antics. It makes everything seem so much more worthwhile, as a simple thing like cleaning the fridge really cheers him up! He's very appreciative, and I really like doing it, so I definitely have NO regrets about packing in work!

On Friday night, SuperSaz came over, and we ate badass steak, watched Have I Got News For You, Not Going Out, and then Rogue Trader - the Ewan McGregor film about Nick Leeson, not that consumer programme on BBC1!

On Saturday, we had a bit of a lie in then went to the glorious Bang & Olufsen shop, which is at the opposite side of Leeds to us but well worth the trip! Within ten minutes we were the proud owners of a Beocom 6000!



The handset looks white on this picture, but it's actually light grey. It comes in different colours but we liked this one the most, as black was too obvious and the other ones would have looked silly. It's really cool, as you can have as many handsets as you like (up to 8) as long as you have the base station, and you can name them all depending where you keep them. It doesn't have an answer facility, but it tells you if you have any missed calls and what number it was, and time etc. and you can programme in all your names and numbers using the iPod-esque wheel. AND, you can use it to turn the volume up on the TV if you can't find the remote!! How cool is that?!! Obviously you have to have a B&O TV, it won't work on anything!



So when we got home, we programmed in some numbers and fiddled with the ring tones (there's 8) and then sat admiring it.
Ooh, but before that, back in the shop, we also looked at the Beovision 6 - 26, which we're hopefully going to get in time for Christmas. It's a V.pretty TV and will look super in the bedroom. Plus, we can switch the remote that comes with it:



For the funky new one that they've put out! Which we'll do, because once you've got the first one, you can use it on all your B&O stuff, so we may as well have the spanky fab touch screen jobby:



But we're going to use the old B&O remote upstairs with the new TV, and keep the funky one to use downstairs with our current TV. Which I may as well post a picture of as I seem to have put everything else on here today! This is our Beovision Avant (or something?!):



So there, a veritable Beofest! Very exciting!

In other news, I saw an episode of The Hoobs the other day, and James Bolam was in it, as a 'Wrinklypeep', as opposed to a 'Tiddlypeep', for those who don't know that that's what the Hoobs call children. It was well random, he was sat in an armchair looking confused, as Iver and Groove tried to cheer him up. I've never seen anything like it! And I'm not sure if it actually happened, it was THAT weird. But, he didn't have ANYTHING to do, which leads me to think he isn't really retired, otherwise he'd be busy, like me.

We also went all over the place looking for a new kitchen, and settled on one from MFI, which I didn't expect. There's someone coming out to measure up this morning, but we're not getting one til after Christmas cos we like to pay for stuff outright, and it'll take Hefty a couple of months to save up for it, especially with us getting the new TV and stuff.

On Sunday, we got up really late, and then watched TV whilst I made a thank you card for all my work chums. Then we went out for dinner, came home and watched TV again (though I fell asleep).

Yesterday, I did some cleaning again, and baked blueberry muffins and flapjack. I picked Hefty up from work and we went to look at kitchens (more specifically the one we wanted, and we arranged fore-mentioned vist) and Habitat, where we bought some pillows and other bedding stuff.

Ooh, my Chillow arrived! It didn't help much last night though as I had a hideous night's sleep. I could go on but I've just realised what time it is! I've got to take Hefty to work! Plus, I've written an essay already!

I shall love you and leave you for now. G'bye!

iP

P.S. Tim, I reckon you'll be getting some post today! ;0)

1 comment:

Tim said...

Ooo, swish futuristic tech!! Love it! I'm going to be indulging myself in some new tech soon … is that a 24" Leopard-equipped iMac calling my name?

I'm right with Hefty on the buying outright thing - I've been saving recently for some super-awesomo big purchases (including the iMac). There's something scarily enjoyable about spending loads of money in one go!

And a package did indeed arrive - muchos thankos indeedios!!