Sunday, October 14, 2007

Retirement

Well, my retirement on Friday was absolutely AWESOME!!! I literally spent all day talking to everyone I know, eating, and getting presents!! And let me tell you, I got some WICKEDACE presents!!!

- Funky rubber gloves
- Funky washing up brush
- 4 Milky Bars (big ones)
- Open All Hours DVD
- 2 Emus (let's not forget it was also Rod Hull Day on Friday!)
- The Complete Transformers Boxed Set
- Optimus Prime Voice Changing Helmet
- Delia Smith's How to Cook - Books 1, 2 and 3
- Anthea Turner's How to be a Perfect Housewife book

As well as a shed load of cards! Unbe-effing-lievable!! Check 'em out!





I really had no idea I was going to get all these brilliant things, I feel like my birthday has come early!!

It was a bit strange really, quite surreal, and I'm not sure it's sunk in yet that that's it, no more work!!! But I'm rather glad, cos I really am knackered!!! I had my leaving do on Thursday night, which involved me and 16 other people moseying on down to the city centre for a slap up Italian meal. I'm pleased to report that a super time was had by all, and despite there being so many of us, the food was excellent. I got home and into bed for midnight, then woke up at 4am (as stated in my previous blog), so just got up! Don't know how I saw the day out to be honest, though it took it's toll later that evening, when I fell asleep on the sofa and missed Have I Got News For You, Not Going Out, Q.I and I forgot to tape The Tudors. Blast! I only watch TV one sodding night of the week and I missed it all in one fowl swoop! (Is that the correct spelling/expression? I'm not sure, I just know there's a swoop involved.)

Rod Hull Day was fab though, and I'm delighted to say that the cake debacle was quickly rectified! The new and correct cake was a stonker!!! Look out below...................!



Obviously, the highlight was getting TWO Emus! My friend Starbar bought me one, and then so did JT, who was gutted when she found out that SB had got in first. She told me about it and I quickly put her straight. TWO Emus is much better than one!!! It's like a nest! In fact, I could probably do with a 3rd!!! This seemed to cheer her up so all was well!

Phew. I tell you, the day was a bit of a blur, but I remember getting home and trying out the OP helmet - or rather, fighting Hefty for it! - and having a Chinese takeaway, something we haven't done for ages.

So there. That's me, a lady of leisure. Tomorrow, I'm going to have a good clean! And maybe make some muffins! Ooh, and I'll have to watch Murder She Wrote!

I'm also waiting for the solution to my night-time problems (hopefully) to arrive. I have ordered a weird but wonderful thing called a 'Chillow,' which is guaranteed to help me cope with my night-time hot flushes. I don't know how it works, but as long as it does that'll be good enough for me!



This is the spec:

- Relieves discomfort from overheating in any part of the body
- Uses a unique cooling pad
- Gives you a lasting, cool and comforting sensation
- Helps to give you a superior sleep
- Allergy free
- Always ready for use whenever you need it
- Use it on any part of your body
- It is light it so can be taken abroad when traveling in hotter climates
- There is no other product on the market like it
- Doesn’t need refrigeration
- Always cool not cold, dry not wet and soft not hard

I'll let you know if it's any good, though I'm not sure why anyone not suffering from some kind of overheating problem would want one!

So that's me for now.

Over and out.

iP

2 comments:

Tim said...

Those are some hella wicked leaving presents!

I've heard about chillows before - apparently they're really good, but they sound veeeeery weird…

iPandah said...

They certainly are freaky, but if it works, I'll be a happy bunny (pandah)!!