Saturday, October 27, 2007

BIG frakking disappointment


Okay so we finally finished season 3 of Battlestar.

What a pile of SHIT! Where was the BRILLIANT, AWESOME ending that the internet has hinted at for so long?!! I have SO many issues with it that I'm actually REALLY angry!!!!

As part of 'Net-tiquette' I am obliged to write **SPOILERS BEGIN HERE** before I have my rant, so **SPOILERS BEGIN HERE**!!!!

- Part 1 of the 2 part ending episodes was boring as hell. It was OBVIOUS Baltar would get off and the Adamas' would be unhappy bunnies. PLUS, Apollo's little speech actually rang true with me, loads of horrible things HAVE happened and other people HAVE got off. Yes Baltar is an uber-prick, but is he really any worse than a lot of the others? And why did Anders sleep with that munter assistant of the President's? She's rank!

- Part 2, well, where do I begin? I have NO idea what the point of hearing 'All Along the Watchtower' was. It made no sense and was quite frankly really irritating. I found the bit near the end where all 4 were stood humming it to be just ridiculous. And yes, it was also OBVIOUS that Starbuck was alive and well, so I expected her to show up, but NOT looking like butter wouldn't melt with a whiny almost Northern tone going "Aiyaa Leeeee, s'alright, 'ave been t'Earth and am gonna take ya there."

You know what? I have absolutely NO idea what's going on, I am just plain confused. And extremely disappointed, cos I'm only going to watch season 4 now because I need to know what the frak is going on, NOT because I can't wait to see it.

>:0(

**SPOILERS END HERE** - though I am of the opinion they can't spoil the ending anymore than it's spoiled itself :0(

So I'm really upset, cos it was just crap, and I was expecting it to be so good. I'm going to have to go and watch some Babylon 5 now to redeem my belief in Sci-Fi entertainment.

Pah!

In other news, I was ill again, but then managed to tidy the study (at last), make more flapjack, and bake a fabulous big chocolatey cake for my sister's birthday tomorrow. We're going to an Autumnal event at a stately home to see seasonal baking, scarecrow making, pumpkin carving, and loads more stuff that I can't remember. We're also picnicking, but the weather looks horrendous, so it could be a challenge.

We now have Leopard, which is AWESOME!!!!! I'm loving the new background thing on Photobooth, especially the one where you can pretend you're on a rollercoaster! Stacks are a pretty cool function too, but that's about as far as I got, cos Hefty is installing it on EVERYTHING and playing with it.

My posting is all a bit disjointed today, sorry about that. Think it's cos I'm so tired....ZZZZzzzzzz.....and I'm still reeling from the BSG let down.

Well, as my writing has gone to pot and I'm knackered, I think I'll leave this be. Not all posts have to be works of literary genius (hurrah) so I'll leave this in the mess that it is.

Like BSG.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Have faith in BSG, young padawan - I think it will all come together in the end…

So say we all!

iPandah said...

I hope so. I know you liked it but I really was very disappointed. Oh well! :0)

Tim said...

I will admit that it wasn't as good as the previous two series, but I still think it wipes the floor with the vast majority of other TV shows!

Favourite line from this series is when Gaetta is testifying against Baltar during the trial, and Baltar calls him "butterfingers"!

Pawpads said...

I've been trying to leave a comment on here for weeks now ~ maybe even years, but every time I do it, stupid Blogger eats everything that I've posted.
So, today, I've decided to try again but to post nothing of interest, and you just know it's bound to work.
Bah.