Sunday, October 07, 2007

Slight return

At the risk of sounding like I've ripped off a Kirsty McColl song, there's a woman in my street who looks like Sylvia Plath. I think this is quite exciting, because I'm a big fan of SP, but I'm not sure I should tell her, as:

A) I don't know her that well, she's a neighbour at the far end of my L-shaped cul de sac.
B) She might not think that's a compliment, it's probably a bit like saying, 'You look like Kurt Cobain, before he shot himself."

Also, she's Australian, maybe she doesn't even know who Sylvia Plath is.

So it's been a while since I last blogged, my health has, as you might expect, gone to the dogs. This menopause thing is a right mare, and I'm up 4 to 6 times a night having hot flushes!! Thank the gods D-Day is finally nearly upon me - I 'retire' for want of a better phrase this Friday. About time!! This last 2 months has really dragged. I seriously need sleep too, but I now have an irrational fear of going through the REAL menopause, even though it might not be for 30 years!!! I'm sure I should be committed.

Am on to series 3 of Babylon 5, and it rules!! I still HATE Londo and wish I could be G'Kar's assistant, but I have to say I also really like Captain Sheridan. He's much better than Sinclair, I hope he stays!! We're progressing with BSG 3 too, though not as quickly as we would have liked. I'm pleased to report that the fat suit has come off Apollo, and he's now back to his original size and shape. I still think that it was the most pointless plot line EVER, as nobody else got fat, and it didn't seem to have any effect on anything?!!! But hey, he's back to how he was, hopefully he'll get in on some of the action from now on.

I have got a free National Geographic DVD with the paper this morning, it's about sharks. I'm liking this new free DVD and CD thing, it's got a lot better. And beats wall charts.

Puppy update: Still waiting for the birth of my impending new arrival, I can't wait!! My friend sent me a pic of hers and it's got me dead excited!



In other dog news, my sister's dog has done a spot of modelling, and is now on the packaging for a dog coat!! I have the artwork at work so will post it this week, it's cool! She got free coats for the dog that modelled and the other one. Maybe my dog could be a model. Then again, I don't go in for the whole dogs in clothes thing, so it wouldn't be much of a career option.

Has anyone seen that gorilla advert where he's drumming a long to a Phil Collins ad? Monkey folk creep me out but I rather like it. Have no idea what it's got to do with Dairy Milk though.

Right, gonna give this DVD a go I think, Hefty's still in the Dream Zone so it'll give me something to do.

Peace out people, keep on keepin on.

iP

4 comments:

Tim said...

Hurrah, you're back! Boo for rubbish health - hope it improves ASAP!

I watched BSG season 3 in FOUR DAYS! It is *awesome*. Also, Apollo might've gotten fat, but Adama grew a moustache, and Starbuck grew long hair, so that kinda balances things out. Not. Run fat Apollo, run!

iPandah said...

I'm glad Starbuck cut her weird long hair off again, even if it was with a knife. She's a bit effed up at the moment though, it's freaky, poor Anders :0( I hope he finds someone else! Adama's moustache was VERY wrong. Also, Tigh's eye - I'm sick of seeing that gammy bandage, can't he get a patch or something?

Tim said...

The gammy bandage freaked me out too. - and I don't know why!

iPandah said...

Because it's wrong!