Friday, October 19, 2007

Sleeeepy nonsense

I'm not doing so well at this daily blogging malarkey am I? My first week of retirement I thought I'd be writing every day, but I've just been ill!! Which sucks! But then I remembered that's why I retired in the first place so I guess it was to be expected.

Cold has gone, was replaced yesterday by Uber-Headache Beast, with dizzy spells and a general feeling of crappity. Is crappity a word? I'm not sure, but I just wrote it and it looks and sounds good so I'm going to keep using it. CRAPPITY!

We saw Ratatouille on Wednesday night which was awesome!!! I now want to call my dog Remy, but I'm not sure it works, cos he won't be a blue rat.

Today I'm trying to get going again, and had a mad cleaning frenzy. The house looks great, but I'm now shattered and my eyes are all droopy. 'Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid' is on so I'm watching that as I write/drop off. It's such a cool film, and though it's brilliant, it's exactly the kind of film I find so comforting I fall asleep watching it.

Doesn't help that it's sunny and warm....ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I"m not impressed that Murder She Wrote isn't on, it's staple daytime TV viewing! I'm also not loving seeing Christmas adverts, I don't want to hear 'that' Slade song when it is Christmas, so I really don't want to hear it in October!!

I need to go and buy eggs. But I've got a headache again.

Crappity.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I'm hating the Chrimbo ads. Too soon!

Diagnosis: Murder should totally be an afternoon staple too. Is that still on?

Pawpads said...

Horrible?
Surly you don't mean the same song that I'm thinking of ~ it's got to be the best christmas song evah.

Plus it's on all of the "Best Christmas Songs Evah" compilation albums, so it must be.

iPandah said...

Tim - they put it on on Sunday afternoons now, they should really put it on before or after MSW and get rid of Doctors and half an hour of CBBC!!

Pawpads - Hello!!! And yes I do mean THAT song! I'm afraid I object to 'contemporary' Christmas music, and will only play Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, King's College and other such musickery as one would find on Radio 3! I don't like that Wizzard song either, and McCartney can quite frankly RACK OFF with that stupid number he produced. In fact if he would just rack off anyway I'd be much happier! :0)