Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Genius


Let me tell you about a genius product that has revolutionised my life - Lyon's Coffee Bags. That's right, coffee, in a bag!! Obviously there's nothing quite like the good stuff, and I do frequent the usual caffeine haunts just like anyone else, but sometimes when I'm at home, I just CAN'T be bothered to put on the filter machine, spark up the espresso beast, or deal with the mess of my cafetiere. THIS, is where coffee bags come in, because it's coffee, in a bag!!! It works along the same principal as a teabag, you just have to leave it a bit longer. It takes a bit of faffing at first to get the strength right, but when you do, it's as good as cafetiere coffee, but without the mess!!! And, as if all this weren't splendiferous enough, it only costs £1.99 for 18 of the buggers (from Waitrose anyway, they might be even cheaper elsewhere!!)!!! It really is JUST brilliant, coffee, in a bag!!!!!

So I suggest any caffeine-heads out there give them a whirl!!! It has been pointed out to me that instant coffee is a suitable alternative to fresh, but this is, quite frankly, blasphemy, as we all know it isn't, and it smells of tuna!!! I refuse to drink it, so Lyon's Coffee Bags are the way forward, cos I can't be the only one!!!

In other news, to celebrate my last day on Friday, we are (at last) having Rod Hull Day again. It doesn't seem that long ago since the last RHD, but it's been 14 months!!! Scary! So we'll all be thinking pink on Friday, and eating pink to boot! I have ordered a cake from Costco with pink balloons on it, and the words 'Happy Rod Hull Day' on it. I'd love to see their faces when they pick that order up. Utter confusion I should think!! I tried to link back to the last RHD for anyone who missed it, but the link thing aint working, so if you care that much, have a look under August 2006, it was the 4th and is right at the bottom of the archive page.

So there!

I'm off now, to have some coffee, in a bag!

4 comments:

Tim said...

I am intrigued by coffee in a bag, even though it sounds faintly ridiculous. I may have to pur-chase some.

And Rod Hull Day!? I want to partake - but I don't have anything pink!

Carlito86 said...

Mmm Costco cakes! We bought loads of scones and danish pastrys from there last week - needless to say, they have all gone now...

iPandah said...

Tim, I tell you what I'll do, as I now have a shed load, and as it's YOU, I'll post you one to try if you like? I can't recommend them enough, but as you're a coffee-bag virgin, make sure you let it brew good and proper, and give it a damn good squeeze! Coffee, in a bag! As for Rod Hull Day, quite a few men in our office are lacking in pink items, so we tend to just concentrate on the pink food for them. So just make sure you've got some good pink food!! Sweets, always a winner, and I count sausage rolls, cos the sausage bit it always pretty pink!

Girl with the golden touch - It has to be said, the cakes from Costco do RULE! Not to mention the fact you can get personalised MASSIVE ones for only £9.99! I'm rather fond of the cookies too, you must try them!

Tim said...

Coffee in a bag?! Pour moi!?

Hurrah - that'd be awesome!! Ta muchly!!