Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Thou shalt not strike thy husband with a baseball bat


Last night, Hefty and I watched 'Ichi the Killer'. Some of it anyway. We'll watch the rest at some point but it had a rather profound effect on me. Firstly, it's not a film you should watch after eating a big meal. This was my first mistake. I thought I could take gory films but this one took the biscuit. At the point where Mr Suzuki is suspended in the air by meat hooks through his skin, and a pan of boiling oil is poured on him, I surrendered to my stomach's plea. I lay in the bathroom thinking I was going to die. Of nausea. We've all done it at some point, we get so sick we actually think we may die, even though we know we won't. I had the fear. Later on, I heard a strange noise downstairs....so naturally I went for the baseball bat we keep in the Mac Suite for security....unfortunately, my suspected invasion of Japanese assassins was incorrect. They hadn't come to suspend me in the air with meat hooks. They hadn't come at all. It was dark, I was confused, I hit Hefty. Luckily, not very hard, just rapped his knuckles a little, but I felt very guilty. I still do.

Tomorrow, I am taking him to a swanky hotel for coffee. Lovely Caryn is currently residing there, so I thought it would be a fun evening for him, as they can talk about wrestling. I'd love to get more than coffee for him but it's uber expensive, so snuggles when we get home will have to do!!!

Moving on, has anyone seen that new Frosties advert? It's the most annoying advert EVER!!!!! Some stupid kid singing "They're gonna taste great" does NOT make me want Frosties. In fact, it makes me want Coco Pops. I'd take the monkey over that kid any day.

My favourite story of the day, is the journalist who, at the premier of Jennifer Aniston's new film "The Break Up', asked her what her worst break up had been?

Doh!

iP

No comments: