Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Gene Hackman

So I didn't blog yesterday. Can't give you a valid reason, think I just plain forgot. I was pretty tired. We caught up on Medium and CSI:NY and went to bed. Perhaps there was some MonkeyBall....

Tonight I had my school committee meeting. I went to a private school and we have this committee that runs everything to do with keeping old girls in touch with each other. I'm deputy chair-woman, a role I take very seriously!! I should get business cards printed!! So it's not very exciting unless you went to my school so I won't bore you with the details, but, I was let down this evening. They usually lay on a buffet, a pretty good one too, as we do have a team of chefs (bet they don't have those at normal schools, just dinner ladies!) who know their stuff. Tonight though, disaster!! I was absolutely starving but didn't eat anything before I went because I was picturing little vegetabley hors d'oeuvres and root vegetable crisps. Well I got there and discovered a fabulous array of fresh coffees - decaf and caffd (possibly made that word up), as well as every type of tea under the son. But apart from some M&S chocolate biscuits, NO FOOD!!!! Could not believe it! I shall have to lodge a complaint, or insist they at least warn us next time if there is going to be no refreshments. So despite my having two cups of decaf coffee, a glass of water and three chocolatey things, by the end of the meeting the bamboo and lily flower display on the stand behind the Marketing Director was starting to look tasty. I couldn't get home quick enough!!!
I shall be playing rounders on Saturday as part of my school commitments. I enjoy it on the day, but last year I got hit in the face by a ball and had a black/blue/purple/yellow bruise on my cheek for about two weeks. Poor Buff had to keep explaining what happened so people didn't label him a wife-beater. I also couldn't walk properly for about four days because I'm so unfit. You must use muscles you NEVER use normally when you play rounders, because I was in agony. It was a struggle to drive, I had to lift my leg onto the clutch to change gear because it wouldn't move itself. Buff doesn't get why I'm going to put myself through it again, but I have to, cos I love my school, and I'm proud of all the hard work I put in. I'm obviously also mentally incapacitated and incapable of making rational decisions. I'll let you know how it goes, if I can type. Typing is probably all I'll be able to do actually so you'll get a very detailed account.

Anyway, I should go to sleep really, very tired, work is particularly crap at the mo, and I think I'm in for another long day tomorrow. Boo. I want to sleep for the rest of the week instead.

There's just time for me to tell you that my cool buddy G-Man gave me his new email address today. It's genehackman@hotmail.com - how cool is that!! Now I'm not telling you this because I want you to email my mate G-Man, it's because I too want a cool movie/music star name email address, so I need ideas people. Inspired by Ming I thought that mingthemerciless@hotmail.com would be a good one, as well as any of the Boosh characters like bobfossil@hotmail.com, but I'm going to pool some ideas and see which is best. So, comments welcome please!!! Wanadoo design people I know you read this and aren't short of a few ideas, get posting!!! And you Jarratt, you must have loads of cool suggestions.

I bet I get no comments now, and I look like a very sad individual with no friends.

Oh dear.

billynomates@hotmail.com

Save me from this fate. Please. Your iPandah needs you.

No comments: