Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter


It's not been a great week. My sick note only lasted til the 2nd and to get one for this week as well entailed having to go back to the docs and tell em how crap I felt, something I couldn't be bothered to do. I figured I may as well have a crack at work, cos I'll have to get back into it eventually, and waiting til after Easter would have probably made it that little bit harder to face. So I went back on Monday. I felt awful. Pain, sickness, general knackeredness, it sucked. My solution was to come home and go straight to bed every night, which I did. I was in bed for 5pm, a miracle by my standards. I still felt rubbish every day, but decided I'd come too far to turn back. On Thursday we had an Easter Party, so we pretty much tossed the day off and ate junk - a day that was much easier to cope with! I have a nice collection of white chocolate goodies to consume, and a few days off, so I'm feeling a bit better now.

The good news is, I can now sleep on my stomach again - hooray! No more nights of unbroken rest, a combination of this fact and strong painkillers means that I've slept fabulously the past couple of nights. We didn't do much yesterday, but this was fine by me! I got back into the old afternoon nap thing, and slept, a lot, but hey. Hefty's on call this weekend so we can't really go too far anyway.

Today, we went to the local coffee shop for breakfast, and sat in the garden for the first time. Hefty mowed it, and we plastered ourselves in suncream. I read an article all about chocolate in the paper, and by the end of it, felt sick just thinking about it. Allergy aside, normal chocolate really does make me want to hurl, so I'm surprised I got as far as I did with it. According to 'experts', Dairy Milk is a load of old tosh, and we should be eating one or two squares of the really dark stuff. Clearly these 'experts' have missed the point of why most people eat chocolate. You buy loads so you can scoff it and feel better/happy/full/sick/delete as appropriate. At least, I know when I tuck into a 150g Milky Bar, I'm planning on finishing it, and maybe following it with a couple of MB Choos. Yes, it tastes fab, but I'm not going to spend ten minutes letting it swim round my mouth, invoking my senses. I just want to troff it. They were terribly snobby about it all which was what pissed me off and made me sporadically shout "nobbers" at the page. The 12 year old who represented 'the consumer' seemed to have it spot on. Most of the stuff the nobbers labelled as 'proper chocolate' made her feel sick and tasted like ass. Hefty likes dark chocolate, the high cocoa percentage stuff, but not cos he thinks milk chocolate is common. I can't understand or be bothered with people who get all high and mighty about food. Eat what you like avoid what you don't, but don't judge everyone else by what they're having or not having. It's FOOD!! Nobbers.

Ooh I got a bit riled there, apologies! This is my first trip back on t'internet all week so I'm on a bit of a mission!! I've got to catch up with all the blogs out there that I normally read as well which could take hours!! I'll have to be quick, CSI:NY's on in forty minutes.

All that remains for me to say for now is Happy Easter folks!! Hope you're all having a blast, and enjoying muchos chocolate, whatever brand you've opted for.

Bon appetit :0)

2 comments:

Tim said...

I'm so with you on the food front - I get ribbed for prefering a Nandos to expensive cuisine where you pay twice as much and get half a portion. I eat to live, not live to eat!

I do like a couple of squares of 84% cocoa chocolate; just a couple of squares, mind - any more and I'm wired for the week.

iPandah said...

Ooh Nando's! I could quite easily manage one of those right now!! Nothing wrong with being able to eat a decent meal (that aint a McDonald's) for under a tenner! It's those damned food snobs, they're missing out for the stupidest reasons ever! Nobbers!