Saturday, April 28, 2007

Snoredom*


Well, I've been awake since 5.45am because Hefty is SNORING! And REALLY snoring at that! He doesn't normally do this kind of thing, you get the odd noise now and then but that's it. All my attempts to nudge/shove/stroke/kick him into submission have failed. So I've just had to get up, but I consequently have a blinding headache, cos we had a late night. He's got some ear plugs, which are clearly working well for him, but he keeps forgetting to bring the ones he got for me home, so if this kind of activity continues, I'm going to have to get used to early mornings and headaches. So far I've watched 'The Book of Pooh,' 'Ebb and Flo,' 'Peppa Pig,' and now 'Fifi and the Flowertots.' The first three were pretty good (Ebb and Flo has been a favourite of mine for years, I could sing the theme tune to you, but I won't), but Fifi is apalling, and I may have to turn it over.

Last night we watched 'The Lost Boys,' which I haven't seen for years. I used to watch it a hell of a lot, and I still know most of it off by heart, but watching it again after so long was chunky fun. I was excited all day yesterday about it in fact! And repeatedly told SuperSaz that I was planning on watching it, an action which eventually led to her shouting "Oh god I know I KNOW!" Next on the list to watch is 'Flashback,' an AWESOME film with Dennis Hopper and Kiefer Sutherland in it. I purchasd it for 3 of your English pounds, a victory in my eyes. Virgin have 'Kickboxer' for TWO POUNDS at the moment, so I may have to acquire that too, if only to see the bit where he gets drunk and starts dancing like a carping loon!

Well, I have to email my brother, as he had the cheek to leave a note on my Facebook wall accusing me of slacking off in the communication stakes. Ironic really, he, who is usually harder to locate than Lord Lucan, suddenly wants to chat like a maniac, and my sister, who I usually speak to everyday, has dropped off the face of the Earth!!! Roles have been reversed! Though I'm actually concerned that my sister is reverting back to her pre-pregnancy personality, which wasn't great, as we didn't really get on, and hardly spoke, especially after I rang her up on my wedding day and she told me she was watching a DVD so if I wanted to speak to her I should do so another time! Nice! And that was pretty much why I hated her more than I liked her! But as soon as The Biz came on the scene, she changed, and it has all been fab and groovy ever since (until now, perhaps?!!). Whereas me and the Jonotron have always got on, and the only argument I ever had with him, was when he fell off his bike (he was about 6!) and tried to say I pushed him!! I got in trubs for that, and didn't speak to him for about two weeks! But that's it really, though him being in Australia means that severing ties with one sibling, may as well be with both, as I haven't seen him since last November, and email isn't quite the same as speaking properly.

Oh the trials and tribulations of life ey. Thank heavens I have Hefty, my bezzo for life, the only person I can truly rely on. I guess he deserves a little bit of snoredom now and then, he's clearly earned it.

* Please note, this image is NOT a picture of me OR Hefty, it was just the best one I could find to convey my angst.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Jab 'im in the ribs! I don't know whether it'll actually stop his snoring, but you might get some satisfaction out of it…

Channel 5 is pretty tops in the morning, innit?

skillz said...

Damn, I was quite disappointed that the photo wasn't of you two, if only because it'd beg the question of who the hell was standing in your bedroom taking photos at the very moment you were woken up.

iPandah said...

Tim - Thankfully I didn't have to administer a jab in the ribs last night, as he behaved himself. Phew! Yes I'm a fan of Channel 5's kid's programmes. Who knew they could improve upon the Red Shoe Diaries?

Skillz - I'll have to work on such a picture, as the idea intrigues me.....

Anonymous said...

Dude. You don't sound happy in that post.

You ok?