Friday, April 27, 2007

Drunkard


Yesterday I rolled in to work staggering about, confused, and generally acting like a drunkard. BUT, if you recall my allergy to alcohol you'll realise that I was NOT drunk, at all!! So, what the CARP was going on? (fishy exclaimations are the way forward!) Well, I began a course of new tablets for my fancy Meniere's Disease on Wednesday, and though I felt a bit shit on Wednesday night, I had no idea I would wake up in the state I was in yesterday! I staggered out of bed and nearly went over the bannister, but I put it down to my feeling uber tired. I had real trouble getting up, but not in the usual 'I don't want to go to work today' kind of way. I soldiered on though, even driving to work, which I have to admit, wasn't a problem. But within about ten minutes of being sat at my desk, I was a mess!! I felt sick, couldn't walk properly, felt like I hadn't slept for a week, and could bearely talk or keep my eyes open! My pupils were dilated to the max, I must have looked like a huge piss-head/stoner. Luckily, my fabulous work chums know me better than that, and the lovely JT, my adjacent compadre, drove me home where I slipped into a coma for about 5 hours (metaphorically speaking). I still feel a bit groggy today, but I'm off in cos I've got tons to do. Scottie's giving us a lift, so I should be okay!

What a drama though. I wish to be normal, is that so difficult?

2 comments:

Tim said...

Oh my god! That's awful! You should bitch-slap whoever prescribed those pills!

iPandah said...

Well, my doctor agreed that I needed to be on them, but suggested I build up slowly, half a tablet a day at a time. If that makes sense?!!