Sunday, April 29, 2007

One day I shall be thin


Last night, we went next door for a barbecue. I had already eaten by the time the invite came in, so I just went round to be sociable. It was tres amusant, and very informative, as let us not forget, my neighbours are both doctors, and always keen to know about the latest drama in the medical adventure that is my life. Hefty feasted on a helluva lot of chicken and pitta bread. Then, it got SO COLD we had to go indoors and drink tea. British weather ey, you can't beat it (or predict it).

Today it's lovely and sunny, so I should really hoover out my car. Meh, maybe later. I put in another sesh in the gym, so hopefully that, combined with my even lower calorie diet, should eventually lead me to my goal of supermodel-esque, svelte figure.

I read today about a new Super Juice, called Zambrosa.

Apparently, it's a '....fruity drink bursting with red grape, blueberry and raspberry extracts, which is said to be the most concentrated antioxidant drink on the market....if you down 30ml in the morning, you have already consumed the same amount of goodness as you would get from your five a day. It gives the energising hit of a shot of espresso, without the bitter aftertaste or subsequent slump.'

Sounds good to me, though at £21.00 a bottle (458ml) it certainly aint cheap. I did find it for £17.00 on t'interweb, but by the time P+P kicks in, there's probably no saving really. I'm contemplating whether or not to try it. I think the problem here is that, if it works, great, if it doesn't, I'll have paid twenty squids for juice. Hmm, one to consider further I think....

Tonight, I am going to watch 'Fat Man's Warning' on C4 at 9.00pm. It might be crap, the basic premise involves a 30 stone American walking round Britain and standing outside fast food restaurants shouting "Look how fat I am! This could be you if you go in here!" I watched 'Super Skinny Me: The Race to Size Double Zero' last Sunday, which was good, but I'm not sure about this one. I can always turn it off if it is rubbish I guess. I should really catch up with the snooker. We'll see.

Do you know, this past couple of weeks, the only radio we've listened to is 'theJazz'? All a bit random. Fancied a bit of jazz, found it on the old DAB and that's been it ever since. There's no adverts, and the jazz (so far) hasn't been weird, impro Howard Moon type stuff, so it's been uber relaxing and entertaining. It makes me feel like I live in some swanky New York apartment when I get up on a morning and put it on in the kitchen. Hell, anything that makes Monday mornings that little bit less depressing is good by me!

Today, I read The Times Rich List, to see which of my friends' dads were still in or had moved up (and down). It's something I do every year, lord knows why. There were the usual few, and it occurred to me that I am not yet a multi-millionaire in my own right. I had a rare moment of ambition and decided I needed to come up with some kind of winning idea to put this problem right. Then Hefty came in, and I realised if anyone was going to engineer such a move out of the two of us, it wasn't going to me. He's definitely the brains of the operation, I'm too lazy and inconsistant. I'm still considering the possibility of something or other, but whether it'll come in to fruition or not, it's hard to say.

Oh well. I don't mind being a lady who lunches. As long as I've got a Macbook Pro, a piano, and a limitless supply of Zambrosa, I'm sure I'll manage to achieve something that makes me look half-successful enough to be the wife of an entrepreneur. If my only gift to the world is looking fabulous, being able to use OSX, and hammer out 'Fur Elise' on the old ivories, I'll cope. And very nicely too I should think.

2 comments:

Tim said...

That's a lot of money for juice! couldn't you just buy the individual fruits and blend them up yourself, or is there a secret jungle ingredient that they add that bumps the price up?

I bet it's 'E'. I bet they put 'E' in it, and then everyone who buys it gets hooked on 'E' and expensive juice.

Damn them! This is going on my manifesto!

iPandah said...

Lord knows what it is, but I might blend a load of other fruits and sell em for £40.00 per bottle. Perhaps your face could be on the lable? Vin de Tim, or, Tim's Vine. Hmm, no.