Monday, April 16, 2007

Ice ice baby


So this weekend, Hefty painted the garage walls and sealed the floor with this rubbery, blue paint stuff. He's turning it into a gym, citin! The equipment hasn't yet arrived, hopefully it will be doing so on Friday, so we can become units again. My initial fitness spurt was hampered somewhat by the operation, but I'm trying to get back into it now, and am back on the old diet. It's gruelling, but I'm trying to think what I'll (hopefully) look like in six months, as opposed to how I look and (feel) now. I successfully managed to sit in a McDonald's and eat NOTHING, whilst the two people I was with did, which I felt was a moment of glory in my persistent battle to lost weight. I should point out that I'm not exactly huge, and don't have a lot to lose, but I'm definitely a little heavier than I should be!! The fight goes on....

Yesterday, me, my best friend Scottie, and her Mum H, all went to Manchester to watch 'Dancing on Ice: The Tour.' I developed an addiction to DOI, as it was on inbetween Harry Hill's TV Burp and Primaeval, and I just ended up watching it. I got quite excited about my Saturday nights when it was on, and even Hefty would pop in from the kitchen now and then to see what the scores were. Not usually the kind of programme I would watch, I'm definitely more of a gratuitous violence and bad language person, but there is an element of skill involved with ice skating, so you have to give the celebs credit for having a crack at it. We had a wicked view, but looking round the arena, it looked like you could sit anywhere in there and have a good view, bonza! The first half of the show was done like the programme, so they all had to perform a number and be judged by the panel. The panel consisted of the usual suspects, except that the Russian woman with ginger hair had been replaced by some dude from Century FM, wherever that is? We all booed that Jason fella vehemently, and cheered the celebs with as much effort. Kyran was there (he was clearly the crowd's fave), along with Duncan, Bonnie Langford, Lisa Scott-Lee, buck-toothed gypsy Claire (how I hate her), and some others from series 1, who I didn't know. They were famous apparently, but I'd never seen any of 'em. It's not like I watch a lot of TV though, and certainly not soaps or anything, so I'm a bit clueless. Anyways, they all skated, and we could text at the end of the first half, the name of the person we wanted to do the Bolero in the final. They CHARGED for the texts though! Which I thought was an outrage! The tickets were £40.00 each, you'd think we could vote for FREE!!!! I'd left my phone at home anyway though, so I couldn't have voted even if I'd wanted to. Kyran and Bonnie ended up in the final, and Kyran won again, which was all very exciting! I do like Kyran, he's such a nice chap!

After all that gubbins, they put on a proper show, so all the pros did their thang, and it was V.impressive!! The only random thing was this couple from Russia doing a 'Wheels on Ice' routine, involving big hamster style wheel things. They spun them and rolled around a bit. Bizarre. It was just kind of weird, as you didn't watch them and say, "Wow!", so much as, "Why would you do that?" All in all though, a wickedace show, we really enjoyed ourselves, and we've decided that Saturday nights will be 'Dancing on Ice' nights, when series 3 comes out. We'll sit at home (me, Scottie, her mum, and I'll try and rope Hefty in), have a takeaway, and hold up the score cards we got with the program (another rip-off, TEN pounds!). We only bought one program, so we're going to photocopy the cards. I can't wait!!

So that's me. I had another dizzy do today, not good, but I think it's cos I'm tired. I came home at lunchtime and have just been sleeping. Wish they could cure it, it's no fun :0(

Tomorrow is my first weigh in, I've been on a diet for a week! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Tim said...

I got hooked by the whole TV Burp, Dancing on Ice, and Primeval trio, though I think DOI had more to with the fact that I was waiting for one of the dancers to stack it big-stylee on live telly.

Good times!

iPandah said...

You should join in on the DOI night! We could have a live satellite-link up, "Shepperton, have you made your decision?"!!! Very Eurovision, chunky!

Tim said...

Ha ha ha! That'd be cool! Stephen Gately - nul points!

Anonymous said...

We were kind of hooked too, 'cept for us it was a YBF, DOI, TV Burp trio. I didn't bother with the Primeval thing.