Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Meniere's dontchaknow


Apologies for yet another disappearance (I know I'm saying this a lot at the mo), but I've been ill again and had a trip to hospital. I'll not bore you with all the details, but I've seen a Consultant about my Vertigo gubbins and she seems to think I have something called Meniere's Disease. MD (I'm so lazy) involves Vertigo, but it also has a bit of Tinnitus and deafness thrown in for good measure. Whereas with Vertigo it's to do with loose particles in the wrong bits of the ear, MD is a swelling of the inner ear, which is why you get ringing and deafness as well as sickness and dizziness. She's booked me into a Vertigo clinic in the meantime, but I have to go for an MRI scan so she can check out her theory, as well as eliminating the possibility of tumours. It causes 'drop attacks' (how awesome does that sound?!), which I may have mistaken for fainting, so it's all a bit more interesting than it was before. Not looking forward to the clinic thing, as I have to stop taking all my medication for two weeks leading up to the appointment, which could be hellish!! But it has to be done. It's a constant drama with me, I must be the most random 27 year old ever. I have just about EVERYTHING wrong with me. But nothing fatal, so it could be worse I guess. Ho hum.

In other news, after a second gruelling week of dieting, I was thoroughly disgusted to see I've put on 2 of the 5 pounds that I lost last week. I've been stricter than last week, AND exercised, so I'm pretty gutted. We now have a gym in our house, so I figured I was in a win/win situation. Obviously not. Bah >:0(

All of this stuff going on has left me pretty miserable. I'm now fat and deaf, with a tendancy to 'drop.' It's either a winning idea for a film, or a horrible dream I'm having.

Today, I dropped Hefty off at work (at about 7.30am) to find workmen repainting the lines in the car park. I appreciate they need doing, but first thing in the morning? Whilst people are arriving? We had to move some cones and squeeze through a gap in order to avoid getting paint all over my tyres. Useless. Wait until people leave morons!!

Time to sleep anyway, I'm uber tired, but also don't want to watch anymore TV in case I see that stupid Cravendale advert again. There's clearly some twats working at our place. A one legged pirate, a cow, and some dude on a bike do not equal a good advert. I used to think the cows that wanted their milk back was kind of creepy. Now, I wish they'd come after me.

5 comments:

skillz said...

Vertigo is really a truly horrible horrible thing. And I bet the type that isn't the U2 song is probably just as bad.

iPandah said...

Nothing's that bad....I'd rather have the condition than the song.

Tim said...

I think I know someone who has that thingy. He's OK now. well, sort of; they cleared up the dropping but he's a bit crazy. I don't think the two things are related.

Am I alone in quite liking that Cravendale advert? That crazy pirate makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Stop talking about that Cravendale advert 'cos I've not seen it. Is it perhaps just confined to the north?

iPandah said...

Tim - I may as well end up seven kinds of crazy, there's not much else I can contract!
I don't like the ads cos I know the people who made them, and I reckon they think they're trying to be clever, which immediately makes them unappealing to me! I have to confess, the Pirate's 'Milk!' exclaimation did make me chuckle a bit the first time I saw it, but then I remembered my disdain for the creators. There's another one, but I don't know when that's going to be out, it involves them going shoppping or something.

Pawpads - Tim and Skillz live dahn sarf, so it can't be just a Northern thing! However, if you search on YouTube (I don't have the link here but can send you it from work) they're both on there. Enjoy! But not too much or those Cravendale swines will think they're even cleverer than they already think they are!