Saturday, June 02, 2007

Insane in the membrane


On Thursday, I fainted. Marvellous. There was no-one in work anyway apart from me and JT, cos everyone has been struck down by some sickness thing, or they're on holiday. So really, I probably only fainted as a form of entertainment. I was alright, just had a bit of a sit down then got back up and started working again.

Yesterday, I stopped taking my tablets, as per instructions from the Vertigo Clinic. Today, I feel a bit groggy, but we went to a garden centre and looked at some new house details. Now, I'm ready to sleep, but have to stay awake for Doctor Who and CSI:NY. I watched DW last week cos Hefty promised me it would be good. It was okay, but it was a flippin 2 parter, so now I have to watch the conclusion, and Hefty has changed his tune this week, stating that "It might be a bit gay, it usually is." We shall see I guess. Have missed CSI:NY for the past 2 weeks, which is terrible, as it's one of my favourite programmes! There appears to be naff all on in general so I guess these are my only options. Though it's not like we don't have a million DVDs to choose from.

Not much news really, v.boring. Am going to see Zodiac tomorrow though, which I am looking forward to a lot.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a compulsion to draw a funny lookin' rabbit that appeared to me in a dream. When thinking upon Zodiac, and who's in it, I'm now convinced I'm having a Donnie Darko experience, and sooner or later, half a plane is gonna hit me in the face when I'm in my hall. So I've decided to stay out of the hall. Marginally tricky, that's where the door is. Not the 'cellar door' though. God, you could drive yourself maaaad thinking about all this stuff. I might just eat some crisps instead, and forget about it all.

I'm so weird. My bunny was cute though, not scary in any way, shape or form. But I'm still weird.

5 comments:

Tim said...

D'ya know, I think that was my favourite Dr. Who story EVAH. I sort of think it doesn't do proper sci-fi too well, and the concentrate on the Daleks a bit too much. This two-parter was good!

Inexplicable DeVice said...

I like fainting.

Not personally, of course. Just the idea of it.

I'll never forget a Harry Enfield (or someone) sketch where the Terminator materialises in the 19th century, turns his arm into a giant fish knife and stabs someone at the dinner table. Everyone is appalled, then they all retire to the drawing room for coffee and fainting! Marvellous!

Of course, that might not be entirely true. maybe I'm having a Donnie Darko moment, too?

iPandah said...

Tim - It were alreet, as some Yorkshire folk might say. Though it was marginally gay at the end with the old man and stuff. But on the whole, the best one I've seen so far I think, though I liked that Werewolf one that time, think it was on one Christmas. Going to watch it next week as I was intrigued by the trailer....I am also SICK of the Daleks.

IDV - I don't recall that HE sketch, but I can certainly imagine such a thing. I have recently been appalled by the new Enfield stuff, it's diabolical, and in no way amusing. If forced to watch that, fainting would be my best option.
You could pretend to faint, in an attempt to fool and overcome your enemies?

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Fainting is underrated. It can get one out of almost any undesirable situation.

Except The National Fainting Championships.

iPandah said...

I should go to that, sounds like my kind of event. If there was one for throwing up and dizzyness, I reckon I'd have found a new career for myself.