Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Howard


Well now, where were we?

After the Vertigo Clinic debacle, I spent a lot of time sleeping, until the evening of the 21st of June, whereupon I, along with Hefty, attended a little soiree put on by Habitat. We went along, got goodie bags, free food and drink, AND 20% off, brilliant! So we ordered the final piece of furniture for our bedroom (a chest of drawers) and a couple of mirrors, and saved £160 or so! Our plan for an entirely Habitat furnished house is coming along nicely. Everywhere I look I see contemporary 70s chic. Or something. So yes, that was very good.

On Friday, I was off, and took my friend to hospital for some more cancer check uppy things. Good news for her, it's still only on her skin, so despite the shitty weather, we came out smiling. I had planned to go into the City that afternoon, and meet Hefty en route to purchasing some more black nail varnish (I've completely run out!), but cos it was pissing it down, I came home and fell asleep to The Mighty Boosh 1 DVD instead. That evening, we had a super-fly Chinese and watched Silence of the Lambs, followed by the end of Equilibrium (we'd seen the beginning at some point that week). Quality viewing, and foodage, a winning combination!

On Saturday, and Sunday, we did NOTHING! We just slept and chillaxed both days, which was bloody good fun and much-needed. We watched The Notorious Bettie Page on Saturday night, which was really good. I am now a BIG fan of the Page, she rules, and seems uber nice, not at all sleazy. Not that I'm opposed to a bit of sleaze obviously.

On Monday, it was mine and Hefty's 3rd Wedding Anniversary, yay!!! We had planned to go to Chester, but walking round Chester in the rain aint much fun (or anywhere really?) so we opted for the Trafford Centre. Never been there before, but we were v.impressed. Some nice places to eat (always important), some pretty good shops (Apple being one of them), and a generally nice atmosphere. We came away at about 8pm well-fed, with a handbag, purse, Nokia car charger, and Nintendogs. Apart from the charger, they were all mine muwhahahahaha!! But we'd had a really nice time, and would def go again, especially as next time we go back Hefty says I can have a Mulberry handbag! That's exciting news to anyone who doesn't know what the hell I'm on about.

So, on the Nintendogs front, I now have a pet Chihuaha called Howard. He looks slightly evil, though in a cute way, so it's all good. I've taught him to sit, lie down, and erm....that's it. Though when I call his name he comes running. He's cool, and it's a good substitute until I get a real dog.

And that's about it I think. I'm off all this week, but haven't done much. I did spend all of yesterday cleaning the house, which was satisfying, though I've still got some to do cos the house is too bloody big. Today, I shopped. ALL day. Not something I usually do, but it was worth it as I got a new hooded top (I aint no chav though, it's classy), some jeans, trainers, perfume, and some hair spray. I'm a bit worried actually, I feel like I'm turning into a proper girl, and I'm losing my gothy edge.

The sooner I get that black nail varnish the better I reckon........

iP

P.S. Have got Apocalypto and Final Destination 3 to watch, bring it on!

2 comments:

Tim said...

All your shopping is making me jealous. I like shopping.

Ooo, I quite enjoyed Final Destination 3 - in fact, I enjoyed all the Final Destination movies. There's something very creative about the way in which all the characters are despatched!

skillz said...

Even though I hate Gibson, I quite liked Apocalypto. Though watching a downloaded copy means he doesn't get any money which is a good thing.