Monday, June 18, 2007

Mrs Weird Ear

So, I'm still recovering from Friday's trip to the Vertigo Clinic. What a random event that was. I was sat on a couchy thing wearing a snorkelling mask (well, it looked like one) with cameras in it, whilst they blacked out my vision and flushed hot and cold water through my ears. Who discovered this technique (and how) I'll never know, but it would seem my right ear is faulty, and that's what makes me dizzy and have no ability to balance. Bizarre. So there we have it, I am, as Ming so kindly christened me, Mrs Weird Ear. I have had a headache since then, and feel like I haven't slept for a year, but I have started taking my medication again so hopefully I shall recover. My vision is still a bit off though, so I haven't blogged before now cos I keep going bog eyed. This will, therefore, be a short but sweet update of events. I should point out that I fainted shortly after the test, and was wheeled up to a ward to recover. JT sat in the chair next to my bed uttering the word "typical," over and over. I then sort of fainted in bed, so they hoisted up the end so my feet were in the air. The aim was for the blood to rush to my head, which it did, and that's why I've had a headache for 3 days. The door of this room was open though, so people kept walking past and looking at diagonal old me in disbelief. I couldn't remember my name or date of birth, got a bit confused and so just made up some shit. I think I made out I was about 32 with a March birthday. The nurse was more concerned that I'd wet myself though, and as it turned out, I hadn't, I just had the wet flannel the Vertigo Nurses had given me in my hand. It was truly surreal, and I'm not entirely sure it actually happened. But JT mentioned it this morning, so maybe it did?

And that's about as much as I can write with crossed eyes and a headache. Apologies. Will aim to write something a bit more interesting when I recover. Off to bed now.

Ta ra.

1 comment:

Tim said...

That is perhaps THE most bizarre medical test I've ever heard of. Are you sure it wasn't a candid camera style thingy? Hope you're on the road to recovery either way!