Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gary, more Pirates, and old milk

Today was Tuesday. Not just as in the day of the week, but cos it was a very Tuesdayish kind of day. I don't know why particularly, but sometimes, some days, just seem so god damn typical. Sundays can be like that too. But, hey. Meh.

So, profound ramblings aside, there were a few things of note that occurred today.

Firstly, I have a new friend. He appears to live in my car, he's very small, I get the feeling his name is Gary, and he's a spider. I discovered him whilst waiting at the traffic lights en route to Hefty's office. I put down my sun visor and there he was, just sitting there, and almost saying "Er, awight," a la Michael Barrymore. I'm not sure how he got in (though it's not like I don't open the doors a lot), or how long he's been there, but he'd gone by the time we got home, and I felt slightly sad. Luckily, whilst at the lights, I took a picture, though it's fair to say, you can't make out a whole lot of arachnid in my amateur snap.



If he comes back, I'll be sure to let you know.

We also went to Costco tonight, and it was even MORE exciting than usual!! They have this huge Playmobile section, with giant figures and wickedace toys! Naturally, I took a pic of the Pirate, ARRRRRRR!!



I'd have ALL of the stuff they were flogging, but if I could get the big ones too, I think life would be that little bit better. We also looked at drills, cos Pa Pandah wants one for Father's Day. Well, he wants one, we have just decided that as it's FD, he can have one for that!! Don't mind spending a bit more money on my Pa, cos he's always really chuffed, as opposed to Ma Pandah, who never seems happy with anything. They had some really good ones in Costco, but they were 100 squids plus, and I'm not that flush at the moment :0( But, all was not lost, and we found a pretty cool one on Amazon for about £55.00 - not bad, especially as my sister is going halves with me.

A while ago, whilst at Ma & Pa Hefty's, I picked up a copy of the Radio Times which was printed in 1942 or something. Around that time anyway, but, what I love about ancient mags is the adverts. There were some brilliant ones, but my eyes were drawn to this fabulous one about milk (naturally).



If only it really did those things. Maybe it does if you're just drinking it, but if you work with it all day, you end up with the opposite. Tired, sore, red eyes, a firm yellowing snarl, and the feeling it's not luck, it's a nightmare you need to wake up from. And that's on the good days. Tsk. No really, my job aint that bad, really. Really?

Check me out anyway, with all the photos. I usually intend to put stuff on here, but never get round to it. I think all the new-fangled Mac-tastic goodness that came out yesterday has inspired me in to some kind of techno-frenzy. Or should that be tech-frenzy? I'm not much of a raver folks, I'd rather mosh any day.

So, that's my news for the day. I'm just watching How To Look Good Naked, as is my wont on a Tuesday, and Andrew Marr's History of Britain will be on afterwards, yay! Then it's bedlam for me, as I'm ready to drop.

Zzzzzzzzz..........

2 comments:

Tim said...

That's one massive pirate! I used to have a playmobil galleon, which drove Sparky Pa insane when he had to make it without the instructions! Muwahahaha!

iPandah said...

They were selling those! I well wanted one! I just wanted them all though, I always want it all! You are a lucky boy Tim, I'm uber jealous!!!!