Tuesday, February 13, 2007

That might be why Mums go, but I'm not interested

Today was an average day, and kind of random. I discovered that I have missed out on many things. They include:

Arctic roll
Going to Iceland (the shop)
Going to a Chinese All-You-Can-Eat Buffet
Dumplings (with some kind of beefy substance)


This all started because up until last week, I had never had mushy peas. I don't like peas so why would I try them? SuperSaz had some with the fish and chips she ordered when we'd gone out for lunch, and she said I really should try them. I did, and they were pretty good, so every now and then we all end up having a discussion about things I've never eaten or done because I'm too posh. I have to say, though I may have been wrong about the peas, I don't much fancy trying arctic roll or going to Iceland. I am however, prepared to give the buffet and dumplings a go. It's very educational going to work sometimes, and I'm all up for trying new things (within reason).

Speaking of trying new things, one of my friends who works at a haulage company we use to move milk, is going travelling for three months, and her replacement is a malting nymphomaniac who can't speak. When I say can't speak, I mean she has that 'I've got a really sore throat' kind of voice, ALL the time. But it's not sexual, it's off-putting, and apparently she's into threesomes, bondage and other weird stuff, which isn't something I ever want to think about. She also has very long hair that falls out and clings to any surface she's near to. WTF?!! How am I supposed to work with this? I'm conjuring up images of that wench from 'Ring', the one who comes out of the telly? The Japanese version I hasten to add, not the crappy Hollywood remake. Anyway, I can't really hear her when she talks on the phone, so I'm concerned that my job's going to be hellish for the next three months. Groan.

Oh well. It may as well be, it's not like it isn't a pain in the ass most of the time. Bring it on.

5 comments:

skillz said...

Dude, you've never had arctic roll? We used to live on that stuff when I was little. We used to buy it from Bejam which, of course, became Iceland (the country, not the shop).

You've had potato waffles right?

iPandah said...

I have, and they are waffley versatile which is always a bonus. I'm just not seeing the roll thing, I don't get why the cake bit isn't frozen as well. What on earth do they put in it? Madness.

Anonymous said...

Oh Bejam. Happy memories of days of yore.

Mmm Waffles. Grill 'em, bake 'em, fry 'em in a pan.

Tim said...

My brother used to like arctic roll. I thought it was just weird. Potato waffles are waffley awesome, though.

thetapeworm said...

Sweet Jesus woman!! I need to speak with your cruel parents, how dare they shelter you from these horrors :(

Arctic Roll... the cake never freezes and the ice-cream never melts... witchcraft I tells you! WITCHCRAFT!!!!

The Chinese Buffet thing is more of a challenge, it's good on so many levels but potentially bad on so many others. Do you stick with what you know? Try something new? Try everything? Eat until you burst and then continue to expand until the MSG takes hold? Do I have the token salad? Save some room for pudding? How many return visits is too many? Are the other diners watching me? Is the duck really duck? MADNESS!!!!

I wish I had all these new experiences to look forward to :)