Sunday, February 11, 2007

The LIES! The HORROR! The TRUTH!


Today, I found out something VERY disturbing. Barry Scott, is NOT Barry Scott at all!!!

"Neil Burgess is an actor best known for his portrayal of the character "Barry Scott" on the UK version of the television adverts for cleaning product Cillit Bang.

He has, as a result of this, developed several famous (as well as humorous) shouted catchphrases. Some of these include "Hi, Barry Scott here!", "Look what it does to this penny!" and "Bang, and the dirt is gone!" Neil has also appeared in the music video for Real To Me by Brian McFadden. He also appeared on The Bill as an axe murderer.

He reprised his Barry Scott character to advertise for EasyOff's new multipurpose Bam cleanser."

WTF!!!!! I am not amused, and am saddened by this terrible news. Lies, all lies, are we to believe anything he says? I am truly saddened.

iP

(Text courtesy of Wikipedia)

N.B. I would like to have seen that axe murderer scene.

3 comments:

skillz said...

I wonder if you can hire him for parties and such- like, instead of a magician?

"Now watch as I make the dirt disappear!"

iPandah said...

Hmm, I have to say, you have altered my thinking on this matter. That would be pretty dynamic. Though I'm still hurt that he lied in the first place.

Wibblechick said...

He does look like a Neil though doesn't he.