Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dreams


Last night, I dreamt about Admiral Adama. He was in charge of the local leisure centre, and barred me for daring to suggest that the cleaners weren't doing their jobs properly. I'm not sure what I was doing in a leisure centre, it's not the kind of venue I would choose to frequent, but I kept trying to sneak back in so that I could get Seabrook crisps out of the vending machine. He nearly caught me several times, but luckily, I had pogo stick shoes on.

Hmm.

This was definitely on a par with the Nytol induced dream I had last July about that dog that could only eat a special type of gravel produced in the Gobi desert. But last July was pretty much the last time I took any Nytol so I have no excuse for this shift in time and space. It must be my sub-conscious mourning over series 3 of Battlestar Galactica. Because we cancelled Sky when we moved, we haven't seen it, and this upsets me. Thank god for DVD. Let's hope we acquire it soon.

So we didn't exactly up the ante this weekend. Hefty tidied the garage and I cleaned. A lot. Sometimes I get a bit manic about cleaning, but only sometimes. I have been reading lots more of 'If chins could kil: Confessions of a B movie actor' by Bruce Campell, which is the best book I've read in ages. It means I keep having to watch Evil Dead so I can tell amusing anecdotes as if I was there myself, but there are worse ways to spend your time. I am currently listening to a Dyson demo on QVC. This would qualify as a 'worse ways to spend your time' moments.

So after a week of doing not very much, it's back to work tomorrow. Though we're going to the dentist first. But I can't say I'm looking forward to it (work that is), because I'd rather got used to my long lie-ins and Channel 5 movies. Still, I have missed my comrades, so it'll be nice to see them again I guess. I'm supposed to be going to a farm some time this week. Not looking forward to that either, as I always come back smelling of cow shit. This is because everywhere you walk on a farm is covered in cow shit. And if it rains, I'll be covered in flies too. Sigh. Thank god I don't have to leave my desk for these soujourns very often, or I'd have to start re-considering my options.

Anyway, my dinner's nearly ready so I shall have to scoot.

Fare thee well fellow bloggers, be seeing you.

2 comments:

skillz said...

I wonder if other animals get narked about having to walk throuh cow shit. Or if cows hate it too...

iPandah said...

It's a fair point. Farm dogs don't seem to care, neither do the farmers, but the cows tend to keep away from the stuff. Who can blame them, I wouldn't want to walk through mine.