Friday, February 23, 2007

Off

Hefty and I have been off this week. I can't recall a thing we've done. Hmm.
I remember someone at work last Friday bringing in potted beef sandwiches for me to try, I refused and opted for a fancy M&S one instead. We came home and ate pie, mash, and cauliflower cheese with camembert.
On Saturday we had a Chinese whilst watching Dancing on Ice. I remember hating Claire Buckfield even more than usual, and being glad that that news woman got eliminated. Then we watched Primeval and I fell asleep. My folks came round on Sunday for lunch, which went very well, and then....erm...the rest is a blur. I do recall wanting a hamster and then realising that to get a decent cage (when I say decent, I mean one that looks like a space station) costs a fortune, and they actually require more effort than I anticipated. I know I've watched a lot of Channel 5 movies, and quite a few Columbos, and Hefty and I tried to sit through a Jeremy Kyle show, but it was too unbearable and we turned it off. I know we watched Evil Dead, and Batman Returns. Hmm. And The Undiscovered Country.

Today, we went to Cafe Rouge and ate us some good food. That's about it. So I guess I've done nothing with my week off. But that's a good thing. I slept a lot, rest is important, and learned valuable lessons from those Channel 5 films.
We bought some organic peanut butter as well, though we haven't tried it yet. And now I'm going to have cheese on toast and watch A Touch of Frost.

It's not very exciting is it. Sorry.

I'll try and up the ante (is that how you spell it?) this weekend.

iP

P.S Ooh ooh, Phillip Schofield has been on tv for 25 years!! That's quite exciting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pip's been on TV for 25 years? Dear God, I'm so old. I remember when he started off in the broom cupboard.

Tim said...

I think my interest in Dancing on Ice will wane now that face-planting news woman is out.

And isn't it funny how William Shatner ALWAYS turns up in Columbo? He's in, like, every episode I've seen...

iPandah said...

Shatner was in one of the Channel 5 movies I watched. It was called 'Family of Strangers', and he was a widowed dad who had never told his daughter that she was adopted. She needed to know her family's medical history as she needed an operation. Heart-breaking stuff.

Tim said...

Oh, god, I caught the end of that - I went round to see my parents and my mum was watching it. She kept giggling at Shatner's dramatic pauses!