Sunday, July 02, 2006

127.0.0.1 Sweet 127.0.0.1

Well, we have the keys to the house! Friday was a busy day for sure. We got the keys, and went to the house to find that the tiling in the bathrooms needs re-doing because it's been done so poorly, the kitchen and utility room floors hadn't been laid, and we had no fire-place! Oh the joy. All these things are being sorted out apparently, but it's very annoying, and kind of takes the edge off it all. Anyhoo, we went to PIKEA to find blinds and stuff, and did what we do every time we go there; decide it's crap and that we should just stick to Habitat. We ALWAYS do this!! We should avoid PIKEA in the future, because by the time we got to Habitat, we were shattered from walking round the darn place!! We did eat Swedish meatballs whilst we were there though, which were surprisingly nice. Anyways, we bought three toilet roll holders which were reduced from 27 punds to 21! Bargain! So if nothing else we can use the lavatories. We went back to the house and sat in our new lounge looking out over the fields....bliss! Then, we decided to make a move, had to go shopping and pop round to my folks to check on the house (they're currently away), and I wanted to leave some flowers on my poor doggie's grave :0( It was three years since she died on Friday so I wanted to go and see her. Poor lickle thing, I miss her :0(

So anyway, we had decided to make a move, and as we were leaving, our new neighbours rolled up! They are very nice, and about the same age as us, perhaps a couple of years older, so that was a huge relief!! Especially as our current ones (on the left anyway) are such cretins. Turns out they are both doctors too, very handy!! And they share our love for Costco and caffeine!!! It's all good!

So we went shopping and went home to eat pizza, yum! We are being so unhealthy at the moment it's untrue!! We're not used to it so both feel really sluggish and fat. But we'll be in the house soon and can get back to being healthy again!! Plus, Hefty is putting a gym in downstairs, so we can exercise again too. There's a farm shop near us as well so we can buy all organic veg! Yay!

Quite a day then. Unfortunately,it was marred by a slight incident on my part. I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink, and went flying down the stairs! I now have a carpet burn a foot long on my leg, a mahoossive bruise on my ankle, and a split toe-nail. Ouch!! I am in muchos pain, and have to keep my trouser legs rolled up. Keep applying Savlon, it's all blistery now though, yuck. My toe really hurts. Ow.

So that's that.

2 comments:

skillz said...

Maybe you should wear open-toe sandals and invite your lovely doctor neighbours over for coffee?

I'm sure they'll get the hint.

iPandah said...

Indeed. Perhaps some cropped trousers wouldn't go amiss either, so they can appreciate the true Evil Dead horror of my carpet burn wound!