Thursday, July 13, 2006

Red Neck Hick

Well hello! I am returned at last! Still no internet at home, so I am abusing the facilities at work seeing as I am in no mood for administration this morning!!!

We're moved in then, carpets down, appliances in (eventually). We had a bit of a to-do with the appliances, the dish washer had a dent in it and the fridge freezer wouldn't fit up the stairs!! So we had to exchange them and after a lot of faffing we finally have them up and running. We still have boxes everywhere which need unpacking, but I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

On Tuesday, I went to the Great Yorkshire Show with work. Took me over two hours to get there which I wasn't best pleased about, but hey. Met up with my friend A and we wandered round seeing the sights. She won a life-size and very realistic cow in a raffle, we ate six donuts between us(yes I know that's spelled incorrectly but these were ring ones so they are more 'donuts' than 'doughnuts'), I had a pork and apple pie, saw some lovely animals, and got sunburned beyond belief!! I was in work attire, which involved a v-neck top, so my decolletage is as red as a beetroot on fire! I look like I've been ironed, it's not great, and my face is also rather rosy. Actually, my face has gone down a bit today so I just have a healthy glow, but my neck is still as red and sore as ever. Hefty put calamine lotion on it last night for me, and I've been using after sun, but it still hurts like hell!!! I shall take a picture, and when I eventually get the internet at home, I can put it on here, along with the one I took of my manky leg. Isn't that something to look forward to!!!

Well, I know I haven't written anything particularly exciting, and for that I apologise, I'm just in a bit of a rush cos I'm at work!! It could also be that now I'm a red neck hick, I have lost brain cells, and the ability to recall my activities has left my brain for good. Or at least until it fades a bit.

I hope.

No comments: