Saturday, December 02, 2006

You remind me of the babe....


It's been a funny week. Busy too, never good. Anyhoo, I essentially broke up for the weekend on Thursday, which was nice. After another expensive (but worth it) trip to Costco, we got home, ate, and watched Labyrinth. Have to say, I do love that film, it's awesome! I pretty much know it off by heart too but Bowie is just so phenomenal, I can't help myself! I've got Hostel to watch too, but Hefty won't watch it cos he's heard it's sicker and worse than Wolf Creek, which freaked me out big time. BUT, everyone I spoke to said it's just like Saw, if slightly more gruesome. But he won't watch it, so I'll have to find time to watch it on my own if I'm ever going to see it. I can live with gore, it's stuff like The Grudge (Japanese version, US one was piss poor) that gives me the wiggins. Who knows. If I ever see it I'll fill you in.
So yesterday was supposed to be a great day, putting up the tree, spot of Christmas shopping, that kind of thing. Unfortunately, we had the snagging list man round doing stuff that, well, needed doing. All we could do was sit in and wait. I did receive gifts from my super friend South African Caryn (including a birthday present, but I haven't opened that yet) which cheered me up. Some beef jerky-esque stuff called Biltong, and some Iced Zoo biscuits, which are like Iced Jems but in biscuit form. South African Caryn rules! She went back to her place of origin on Tuesday, for the next couple of years!!! So I can't see her or even talk to her, which sucks :0( So anyway that was a highlight, and the man didn't leave til about 2pm. We got ready and went to the local garden centre at that point, to pick up some additional decs. Got a nutty/berry wreathy thing, and some green garland stuff for the banisters. It looks pretty good, we put them up when we got home. Managed to get the tree up in the lounge too, it was all just a bit rushed cos we were so late doing it all.
Today, we went to M&S and bought a shed load of stuff. Meat, more meat, cakes, erm, other things I'm sure. Not as much as I had anticipated though, as alas, my birthday plans have been thwarted somewhat. basically, not one single person who was coming to my tea party, can come anymore. Genuine reasons, but it's put a bit of a downer on the whole thing. Still, my sister's coming round with little Biz in tow, and we have lots of nice food to eat. They're turning on the lights in the village too so we might go and see that. Nothing too exciting, but I'm sure it'll be cool anyway. Might watch The Santa Clause tonight, it's another corker. I need to get Muppet's Christmas Carol on DVD, my mucky VHS copy is kind of redundant since we got the B&O. So yes, tomorrow is my birthday, let's hope it's a good one! Got to go now, dinner is ready. Will return tomorrow!

iP - last day of being 26

No comments: