Friday, December 22, 2006

Let me out

I am currently most distressed.

This week, I have been uber busy. We had Monday off and braved the city, which was hellish, more because the weather was so poor. I hate half-arsed rain, you get wet but don't realise til you've got in a shop. Anyway I got some last minute stuff but was quite traumatised by the time I got home and just wanted to sleep.

Tuesday saw the arrival of Nabaztag!! He's a pretty cool dude, gives us traffic news, chats about stuff, his lights flash. That's as far as we've got really, need to get him doing more stuff, but we've had too much other gubbins to do!! On Tuesday night we went out with SuperSaz to Nando's, which was chicken-tastic. Then we had gingerbread lattes from Starbucks. It was kind of late when we got home, so I put some Boosh on and snoozed whilst Hefty fiddled with le bunny (who we have named 'Nimonikku' - Japanese for something or other).

On Wednesday, our new addition to the family started shouting and flashing his lights at 5am! Turned out he was still on French time (his homeland), but I couldn't sleep after that so got up. I spent the whole day feeling sick and wanting to go to sleep. I was not happy with Nimonikku for this behaviour, but I suppose it wasn't really his fault. That night, we went to an actual supermarket instead of relying on our on-line deliveries. A brand spanking new Sainsbury's beckoned, and we got some random stuff, but I couldn't tell you what simply because it was so random. We then stopped off at SarahMum's place of work, to give her some Christmassy gubbins. SarahMum is my best friend Kattya's mum, and I have known her for about 20 years I reckon. She is like a second mum to me and Hefty, she's great!! We didn't get home til about 10pm though, and I was shattered! But slept terribly, so......

.....on Thursday I was ridiculously tired again and just wanted to sleep all day. Work was totally unproductive, but after it had finished, I had to go out YET AGAIN to Costco!! We bought some wicked cheeses and stuff, but it did me in, and when we got home, I had to go straight to bed. Nimonikku did some talking and light flashing, but I was too tired to pay much attention.

Today, is Friday, which would normally be a good thing, but isn't. Which leads me to why I'm distressed. Everyone in the business is finishing at 3pm today, except for Milk Buying!! We have to stay because of the Farmer Emergency Line!! We have to be here to man the phones until 5pm when the poor soul who's on call takes over. But, I have absolutely NOTHING to do!! I mean yes, I could do some stuff, but it can wait, and I have zero motivation, so we've basically been sat here all day waiting for 5pm :0( On the plus side, JT bought me Muppet's Christmas Carol on DVD, and she got me the soundtrack to it! So I'll watch that tomorrow, as well as Santa Claus: The Movie and Supergirl, which will be trick. Got to dye my hair again tomorrow though too, as my roots are quite bad, and given that they're blonde, it doesn't look too sexy.

We did have a buffet at work today, which should have been exciting. They put one on every year, but it wasn't that great this time. It was kind of greasy, and there was nothing with cheese in it!! Rubbish! So I'm bored, distressed, and want to go home.

Only 3 hours to go I guess.............sigh........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No cheese? I'd have left right away.
Merry Christmas. Hope you and yours have a good one:-)

Anonymous said...

Found this for you ~ just thought it might be a cool place for you to have a look at.

http://new.nabaztag.com/en/index.html

iPandah said...

I no, it's a bloody disgrace when you can't get cheese at a dairy company.

Thanks for the link, there's some funky stuff on there.

Merry Christmas to you and the family Pawpads too!!! :0)