Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hefty's Birthday


It's Hefty's birthday today!! Alas, the Nabaztag/tag that I ordered for him did not arrive in time. It is however (allegedly) arriving on Tuesday, so I suppose we'll at least have it before Christmas, which is better than nothing. I could have easily got him the normal Nabaztag (Armenian for 'rabbit' don't 'cha know), but the new one is so utterly awesome, it had to be that one. To compensate, he got a Star Trek mug, The Dark Crystal DVD, some nuts (I was struggling) and some cheese made by some people with the same surname as us. I printed the info for le bunny off Firebox (in colour no less) and wrapped that up. He was ecstatic, and doesn't at all mind that he's getting it two days late. Unfortunately, amongst other things, his folks (who came up from Staffordshire yesterday) bought him the new Stephen Fry General Ignorance book, which I had purchased for Christmas. So I don't know what I'm going to do with it now. I'm thinking of going on Freecycle, but what I get in return might be rubbish, so I'm stuck for ideas. Anyone fancy a barter?
We went to an uber authentic Italian restaurant last night, and had a fabulous meal, before coming home and watching one of those ubiquitous '100 Greatest....' programmes. We're off tomorrow, and are going to brave the City. It could be the wrost idea we've had, but since the fancy scented Christmas cards that I ordered haven't come, I need cards for my family. Plus, stamps, for all the cards I STILL haven't posted because I'm rubbish sometimes.
Ooh, miracle of miracles, West Ham beat Man U today. Must be a fluke. Am very confused. And still want Pards back.
Am going to buy a book called 'Why penguins feet don't freeze' tomorrow, because someone at work got it in Secret Santa and it looks awesome. I shall use vouchers I got for my birthday. Brilliant! Free books! Essentially. It's my big boss's birthday today too. My boss and I bought him a Wee Me mug, hope he likes it. The resemblance was uncanny. He says 'effectively' a lot, so we got 'Effectively' Jeff's Mug put on it. Hopefully he'll see the funny side. Can't see why he wouldn't. After all, he let me have Rod Hull Day. I'll tell you on Tuesday.

If I still have a job.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

**Happy Birthday Hefty**
Have a good one.

thetapeworm said...

Ming has returned! Firstly a happy birthday to the Hefty one, secondly a hip hip hooray and then to conclude a small hurrah!

So I forgot how to login under my Ming account, I can't seem to remember my login, password or email address used, pretty poor really.

Anyway this made me wander off to MySpace, tragic but it's actually quite useful for keeping an eye on bands and stuff.

So the Italian was a success? I may give it a try, will try to forget about the odd past the place has had, all those dead bodies kind of worried me but I guess they are long eaten now, the meat will be fresh.

Enjoy the big smoke tomorrow.

iPandah said...

Thanks Pawpads!

Ming that's rubbish! It's a wonder you remember how to do your job day to day. Then again....
You must keep AWAY from MySpace, it's is poor beyond belief and can only be used by shitheads like Lily 'I can't close my mouth' Allen.

skillz said...

The uiber authentic Italian sounds good. There are some not-so-good Italian places near me; think Luigi from the Simpsons and his "Hey, Salvatore, givea the ugly kid a plate of red crap!".

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. You've got to stay away from My Space. It sucks so much it blows.