Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day Blues


I am so depressed now :0( I hate when Christmas ends. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I had the rest of the week off, but cos I don't, I've got the Sunday Night Blues again. Had a good Christmas it has to be said. First things first, the gift list.

Ahem:

A Nintendo DS Lite in White (so Apple-esque - didn't see that one coming, brilliant!)
A Talking Nev (Yay!)
Complete Eddie Izzard Boxed Set
Russell Brand Live DVD
Waterskiing Dogs Calendar
Book about why animals do strange and curious things
Selection of coffees
An Origami Desk Calendar (as in, you make something every day out of paper, the calendar itself isn't made of it)
White Chocolate Orange (the ONLY chocolate I've had)
Some other random stuff which was cool but to list wouldn't make for very good reading.

So I did pretty well. The lunchbox that looks like a Lego brick and ice cube tray that makes Lego brick ice cubes went down well with Hefty. How could such items not?!! I also got him a DC Comics book, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, Blade Runner....erm, other stuff I can't remember. God my memory's crap. Fortunately, I have Dr Kawashima's Brain Training for the DS. Unfortunately, Hefty's on it because he's now addicted to Sudoku. My brain is currently in its 40s according to the test I did earlier. A bit worrying when you're not even 30. I put it down to the time of year, day, anything really. I'll get the better of that pesky Kawashima one day.

So we didn't do much on Saturday. On Sunday, naturally we had to watch Nev on TV, who was a triumph as always. We watched The Muppet Christmas Carol in the evening, with egg nog, home-made by me! Not sure it counts as cooking, everything is technically raw, but it involved electric whisks and stuff so I'm counting it.

On Chrimbo Day we had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, very nice, a break from the usual Costco croissants we tend to ply ourselves with. We got ready and went to my sister's for the day. Biz was on top form, though at sixteen months, still doesn't really get the concept of presents. She didn't understand why there were so many toys and why they were all for her, so she ignored them and played with her old ones. She was flippin loud, I was sat next to her at the table and she kept shouting which deafened me after a while. The food was grand but I wasn't hungry!! Can you believe it!! Me and my stupid stomach. So I didn't eat much, but didn't care so, meh. We got home quite late and watched Glorius (By Eddie Izzard for any folk who have nuh idearrr). Then went to bed and put on Definite Article, so we were Eddied out by this morning. Today we cooked our own feast. Well, Hefty did. I don't cook, I clear up, so that's the way it worked!! We had a guest today though, my best friend Kattya's Mum SarahMum (called so because when Kattya and I used to leave notes to her from us, we'd always write Sarah/Mum, to make sure we had addressed her correctly from both angles) came to share the goods. Hefty's food was a triumph, he is a genius, I don't know how he does it but I'm glad I married him!! SarahMum had a lovely time, and it was nice for us all to be together and chat. She brought us plants for the house too, so we'll get em planted in a tub or something this weekend, which should give our garden a new lease of life.

So now I'm sat wishing I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. I know I'll be alright once I get there but it doesn't make you want to go any more. I might eat in a minute, not out of hunger, out of greed. Which is allowed at this time of year. I'm quite scared though cos I have to go to hospital tomorrow morning to be poked and prodded so they can decide whether I've got Endometriosis or not. Great. That'll be fun, not exactly festive is it? It's probably the reason I'm so depressed. HATE hospitals, doctors, anything like that. But I need sorting out so I shall reluctantly go :0(

Oh I wish it was Christmas Eve again. I hate this. Might watch Garth to cheer me up. If Hefty can tear himself away from Sodoku.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be a HUGE Eddie fan, and have even seen him live twice, but the last time he just wasn't funny and his material was just a hotchpotch of everything from his old tours.
Puh.

iPandah said...

That happened to me, I thought Circle and Sexie were crap! But I love all the early stuff so I'll just watch those and ignore the others!

Anonymous said...

Defo. He's gone a bit "odd" since deciding he needed boobs. *rolleyes*

skillz said...

I absolutely love Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. It has to be watched over and over.

Best episode is #2, when Liz's telekenesis powers get out of control.

iPandah said...

I watched that episode only last night!! It was tremendous. I shall watch more tonight....

skillz said...

"isn't it strange how all this started when the temp arrived"

"what do you think; android?"

"it'd make sense, I haven't seen him eat or drink anything all day and it's 1pm now"