Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ford Perfect


Well, it would seem the fantastic-ness of my crocodile making antics were somewhat overlooked, as Ford went on to win the prestigious, 'International Federation of Making Model Crocodiles at Work: Crocodile of the Year Award.'
Am I disappointed? Yes.
Did I go home and cry? No.
I may have broken all the competition rules and got disqualified, but I still can't help feeling a slight sense of satisfaction, as deep down, I think Ford knows full well, that mine is far superior. Obviously, he'd never admit to that, but I can see it in his eyes. Many are intimidated by my greatness, few challenge it, until now. I feel I may have met my match, and there could be many more challenges heading my way.....
....then again, there's a broken cafetiere sitting on his desk that I suspect has been there (unwashed) for about three months. Surely that is Ford's biggest challenge?
Lucky for him.
I am the Lex Luthor of my generation and he doesn't need that threat hanging over him.

So here's my crocodile. I call him Peroni. In all my 26 years I have never been so proud.


Sigh.

So I am currently going through a phase of being bored by EVERYTHING. I think it's cos I want to move into my house. The only things entertaining me at the moment are 'Jpod' by Douglas Coupland, and the prospect of having THREE bathrooms. Ming keeps having days off, that's not helping. There's not much to do at work when the only other person in the company who knows what Linux is (that's your friend anyway) isn't there. Not that we sit and talk about Linux. There's just a severe lack of geeks, to say that the IT department is quite big. Ish. Some of the people in there go home to a computer-less house!!! Sick and WRONG. I hope you feel very dirty. You should.

On a lighter note, sort of, Jonathan Davis, the god-like genius KORN singer nearly died this week. I say lighter note, because he had a blood infection (to do with some medication he had an allergic reaction to), which resulted in him having to have a blood transfusion. As he was hospitalized on the same day as my own little blood drama, I have come to the conclusion that, although I am never allowed to give blood again, it's because I was only meant to do it once, so I could save the leader of my favourite band. I feel sure my red gold was shipped in his direction, and forever more I will feel even more of an affinity with him.

If you're reading this JD, you're welcome. And yes, I'd be happy to come along with you on your next UK tour.

Well I'd best go, Hefty is annoyed with me for spending too long on my Mac. Looks like I'm in trouble.

Damn.

No comments: