Tuesday, June 22, 2010


So, today is a lovely sunny day and I feel lousy. I've not had much sleep, despite being WELL tired. I'm tired all the time at the moment, but I either sleep excessively, or not at all. MOST annoying! Meh. Anyway....

Am going to take young Oswald for a walk, then head out to a nearby retail park to try and pick up some supplies, and an anniversary card. As of Friday, me and Hefty will have been married for six years, but every year, I am unable to find a card for him that isn't utter shit. I don't get it. I don't like to generalise, but I would say more often than not, women put more effort into card buying than men. Hefty isn't like this, but I know plenty of men who don't really give two hoots, and just pick the first thing they see. I like to browse and make an informed decision. BUT, cards for husbands are naff. Cards for wives are great, even amazing in some instances. Sometimes, you see a nice card for a wife, but in the same range, the card makers haven't even bothered to make one for husbands. Thus, I have been all over trying to find something. I went to boutiquey card shops, normal ones, NOTHING. I thought about making one (done that before due to this issue), but I'm not very good at card making, so I'd like to buy a nice one really. I even braved the shit-hole city centre (it's a horrible place, it's always full of scrotes AND fashion victims, very rarely anything inbetween this. This is what happens when you put Harvey Nichols near a load of nasty kebab shops) and came back empty handed. Looked online too. FAIL. So I've reached the point where I'll just have to find the best that I can, though I ain't happy about it!!

As it is a nice day, at least I can utilise the roof function on my car, though whenever I put it down, I always seem to come back with half a tree in the back seat. Bucket seats collect debris like nobody's business, I'm sure I didn't have to hoover out my Beetle as much as I do this one. Still, not exactly a hardship is it?!

Got band practice tonight, so I can't be out all afternoon, will have to get in a snooze before I head out. Why do I sleep better during the day? Madness.

An aside: Just seen smallest box of cornflakes EVER on 'Heartbeat.' It's the same size as a box of 'Grape Nuts.' More madness.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Better tree parts than bird poo. I'd freak out and cry if a bird poo'd through my sunroof.

Sorry, can't help out on the card front - I've not been married, and wouldn't have a husband if I had been!! On the other hand, I can sympathise with the lack of decent cards as a whole; Dad's b'day card was almost an epic FAIL.

iPandah said...

That's true, though I have special Auto Glym Bird Dropping wipes, which are for inside and out, so at least it'd just wipe off! Leather seats help.

Cards really aren't as good as they should be.