Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tuesdays


Do you know, I love Tuesdays. Only at the moment, and only because 'How to look good naked' is on, which is the best/most hilarious programme ever. For a start, the presenter is called Gok, and is clearly well gay, but also, despite it being shown at 8pm, it's FULL of women getting their boobs out! Tops are being whipped off here, there and everywhere, arses are hanging out, it's a naked free-for-all. Don't know how they get away with it, but it always makes me laugh for some reason. I don't know why, but seeing some woman get her baps out and wiggle them about saying "Ooh I wouldn't change em!" is just uber funny for me. I also like that they take photos of really self-conscious women and stick em on the side of vans, or project em on to buildings, in an attempt to show em how good they look. At the risk of sounding completely unoriginal, it's just so RANDOM!! And I love it.

The dreaded Big Brother returns tomorrow, and I'm not sure what to do. I never watch it, never, I only saw that celebrity one that was on last year, and even then, I don't think I saw much of it. However, I know that EVERYONE in my office will watch it, and I'm not sure I can sit through another Summer of "Did you see what Michelle did with a wine bottle?" or some such rubbish. I can't go through the embarrassment of hearing stories about lewd acts of depravity and saying "Really? Who's she, does she work in Finance?" I REALLY don't want to watch it, but I'm tempted to succumb for an easy life. I suppose I could just watch the first one and write down all their names on a Post-It. That way, when I hear some weird old shit being discussed in the office, I can check my list to see if it's a BB person they're on about . It's a powerful thing TV, and it takes something like this to make you realise it. I truly have sat through so many Summers where nobody has talked about anything but that, and they don't talk to me cos they know I don't watch it! Can I face that again? I just can't see the appeal of watching a bunch of unknowns. The celebrity one at least makes some kind of sense. Hmm, yes, I think I'll start off with a Post-It note and see what happens from there.

In other news, I have set up a 'JT Appreciation Society' on Facebook, as a tribute to my work buddy JT. It's got quotes, pictures, discussions, everything. Facebook is really quite cool sometimes. And a bit too addictive.

Did anyone watch 'Paul Merton in China' last night? I have rather enjoyed it, it's definitely on a par with 'Japanorama', though I don't particularly want to visit China, they eat dogs.

Pirates 3 tomorrow, should be good. It's so long since we last went that we're just looking forward to having a trip out!! Bit of popcorn maybe? I'm not a big fan of popcorn, but somehow feel I should be eating it during a film. I'm too complex for my own good sometimes.

Well, I need to wash some stuff up, stuff that can't really go in the dishwasher. Bah. I hate when stuff can't go in the dishwasher.

4 comments:

Tim said...

I keep meaning to watch How to look good naked, but I keep forgeting it's on. Bah!

Seriously, though, that dude's gay?

Gurpreet Singh said...

hi this is Gurpreet
nice blog

iPandah said...

Tim - He's either very gay, or very clever (all that touching women's boobs and bums), but his dress sense is poor either way.

Hi Gurpreet SIngh! Thanks!

thetapeworm said...

Paul Merton! What a man, a classic series, I love the way he just decides he doesn't want to do something half way through and wanders off. Opting to meet a mentalist that builds robots and burns his own house down rather than visit the Great Wall of China was genius. Good to see he isn't eating nasty food for the sake of it too, stick to your guns Merton!

BTW the Japanorama stuff is available on http://tv-links.co.uk - I revisted it last week, it made me want to go to Japan.

Gok - "it" scares me, the prog is amusing enough though, need more hot chicks ;)