Sunday, May 27, 2007

A poorly Pandah writes


I can't believe how going away for a wee while has put me behind the times. I've missed so much in the world of Blogdom, and it feels like a big party that everyone was invited to except me. Clearly, I must never go away again!

So, I wanted to blog on Friday night, as Hefty was out with his chums at a leaving do. His entire team is leaving to go to BT (as is he), so there's gonna be a few do's in the upcoming weeks. But, I was poorly, and in fact, have not been right all weekend :0( Have got a dicky tummy, for want of a better phrase, and I've been really sleepy.

Yesterday, we forced ourselves up so that we could drop off a card and present to my parents' (it's their 35th anniversary today) and take Hefty to get his hair cut. After we'd done that, we came home and I slept for the rest of the afternoon. I woke up at about half 6 and felt horrid. Uber sick. But I got up, and at half 7, SuperSaz and I headed out to get a Nando's takeaway, and check out her new car. She's got a purty new Golf, and it's super fly. We came back and ate, then she left at about 11ish and we went to bed (me and Hefty). We decided to watch 'Moondial' in bed, as my mate borrowed it from me aaagggges ago, and gave me it back on Friday, so it was out. Oh the hilarity of 80s children's programmes. Badly acted, badly scripted, pure genius! So we fell asleep to that, and this morning, we forced ourselves up AGAIN so we could go to Habitat. We saw lots of nice things, including a lampshade of the moon, which we're going to put in the games room, but we mainly wanted a kitchen. They had a nice one, but it was in too many bits, and we want a nice smooth seam-free worktop. So then we went o MFI, which I thought would be crap, and for the most part was, but the high spec stuff was quite nice, so we've decided on a nice oak one, with a Corian worktop, and a cool built-in Siemens espresso machine thang. Nice! Not sure when we're going to do this, we'll need to time it well, but the important thing is, we know what we want. Bonza!

Then I went to see my friend who had bought me this cool apple corer thing, which basically cuts up the whole apple for you, in a wickedace way! I can't eat apples like a normal person, if my lips come in to contact with the green bit (I only eat Granny Smiths) they swell up cos of the pesticides. You can't wash em off, and they don't do organic GS's so this is a good solution all round!!!

Then I came home and here I am. Might have to do some more sleeping, as I still feel a bit odd.

Would like to see Zodiac tomorrow, but Hefty's on-call, so once again, another Bank Holiday will be spent chained to the house, just in case :0(

We've decided to see it next Sunday, if it's still on, due to the length of it and the stupid show-times, and see Pirates this Wednesday. Hopefully neither will disappoint (Tim, you have led me to the conclusion that both will rock).

There appears to be eff-all on tv tonight as per usual, so we might have to dig out a DVD. I'm going to watch the repeat of Doctor Who though, as this week's looked quite good. Most of them are shit so I don't watch em, but a few are alright, Let's hope so!

It's a shame there aren't more virgin-themed shows on, as I've been enjoying those recently.

Oh well.

iP - bored, house-bound, poorly

2 comments:

Tim said...

'Nandos' and 'built in coffee-thingy' - both are nudging a 9.5 on my awesome-ometer.

As long as you go into Pirates not expecting it to be THE BEST THING EVAH you'll enjoy it. It is good throwaway fun. But Zodiac is AWESOME.

iPandah said...

Ooh I won't, I'm simply hoping for jolly good fun!! ARRRRRRRR!