Friday, March 09, 2007

Vive la CO2

Did anyone see 'The Great Global Warming Swindle' on C4 last night? It was an inspired programme!! I have to say, I've watched a lot of global warming stuff that's rather vague and doesn't give you any answers, but this answered every question I've ever had!! Well, the questions to do with CO2 emissions, I'm still none the wiser about where Burt the Chimney Sweep and Mary Poppins previously met. The crux of it was, CO2 has NOTHING to do with climate change!!! CO2 only increases about 800 years after the temperature has, and it's actually all to do with the sun. Hefty, who did his degree in Bio-Geo Science (yes, apparently such a thing does exist), said he has known about this for ages, as it's one of the first things they teach you. The Earth's temperature changes all the time depending on what the sun's up to, and it has always been this way. Certainly makes a lot of sense. Al Gore made that film about it all, but all the graphs he used had no x or y axis, and so he was able to match up the patterns without technically lying to anyone. According to a lot of these scientists, the threat of GW is an attempt to stop the developing countries developing, as they don't want them to gain any power. That, above all, sounds entirely feesible to me. These super-power countries are always trying to stop everyone else for their own benefit, and something like this is the ideal way to do it. It's propaganda people!! But now, so many people have bought into the idea, that too many jobs exist solely to sort the (non) issue out, and too much money would be lost, so they're carrying on with it. Pah! I guess there's not much we can do, but if they start trying to charge me for my CO2 emissions, I'm going to start a riot. (As the future Mayor of London, Tim, your support would be greatly appreciated!!!) Bring on the revolution!!!!

Now for an amendment. In my last post, I had the cheek to write 'Poultergeist' which I have seen written in many places, but it should actually be POLTERGEIST apparently. Shame on me, I should be punished.

Dinner time is upon me anyway, so I shall take my leave.

Farewell folks, and remember, keep breathing, you're harming NOTHING!

10 comments:

AsH said...

Hi yeh i watched that programme last night, its contained everything my goegraphy teacher has been saying ever since i met him! He was encouraging the whole class to watch it. I did actually post a large article on it to get some environmentalists commenting and stir up some controversy. Great blog!

-AsH

Tim said...

I am going to go sit in my car with the engine running and pump as much C02 into the atmosphere as I can.

I tell you what's responsible for global warming - the hot air coming out of our politicians' mouths!

GET BEHIND ME PEOPLE! TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

This comment was brought to you by Tim, the future mayor of London. I thank you.

Jingo said...

I wouldn't be drawn into it if I were you. It is undeniable what happens when CO2 enters out atmosphere, and we are responsible for the vast rise in C)2 emmissions so even if it's all "mainly water vapour" we are still contributing to global warming.

And even if it wasn't our fault, so what? The effects are still happening and saying it wasn't us won't change anything.

And if I remember correctly, it was Channel 4. Enough said.

Keep it up!

skillz said...

I saw it, was quite good. Nobody I knew saw it though, but I think it's repeated on More 4 on Monday.

Very interesting point about how a lot of green activists are former anti-capitalist demonstrators who are piggybacking on green issues.

Oil is a finite resource though so it does make sense to look at renewable energy.

Miss Smuggersham said...

My little tiny brain can't comprehend any of that. All I need is for an older person with glasses to tell me 'CO2 bad' or 'C02 good'.

Axis make my head hurt....

Tim said...

People, people, people - in the words of Michael Winner, calm down! I don't think there's any need to panic. Yes, maybe we all should try to cut out emissions, but really, some clever little swot will eventually create a C02-diffusatronator that will rid our planet of all the bad emissions! And if that doesn't happen, we can just move planet - There's plenty more worlds to screw up in the universe. Hurrah!

Miss Smuggersham said...

Yeah! What the Lord Mayor said!

I vote we take the wrecking ball of humanity to Uranus next.

skillz said...

... and then rename it Urectum!

iPandah said...

Thanks guys, I feel safe again now! :0) I may even summon up the courage to post again......well, maybe tomorrow.....

skillz said...

where's all this controversy I've been hearing about??