Sunday, March 18, 2007

Not so fierce iPandah



Next Saturday, I'm having an operation.

Yikes!

I only found out on Friday, bit of a shock! So I'm bricking it a bit now, and am in a weird mood. I know I'm acting strangely because I downloaded some Maximo Park and Panic! At the Disco from iTunes. Luckily, I followed up with some Mastodon, so I don't feel too bad now. Clearly I'm having some kind of pre-operative break down though. If I come out of my anaesthesia next week and start asking for anything by The Killers, I'd rather go back under thanks.

So I'm having something called a Laparoscope (do your own Google search, I felt sick when I did it), which means they're gonna slice my stomach open. Nice!! When I get out, I'll be recovering for 1 to 2 weeks, which sounds like a good idea in principal, 2 weeks in bed, few DVDs and laserdiscs, couple of books, sorted. But I'm probably actually going to be in PAIN, and this is what's freaking me out. My sister started going on about her caesarean, which didn't help. She kept saying, "It's really weird when you come out of it, and when you've woken up, your body almost re-enacts the operation so it's as if they're doing it when you're awake!" AAAAGGGGHH! :0(

I'm trying not to think about it but that's all I can think about so I'm afraid I don't have a lot else to say. Apologies.

I need to order some new DVDs to watch, but I can't think of anything I want!! All suggestions welcome, but it's got to be actiony, preferably dark, violent, vampires are a bonus, Blade, Underworld, Fight Club, stuff along those lines. No chick flick shite, I DON'T DO Love Actually, Dirty Dancing, anything like that. I think I might get The Crow, haven't seen that for a long time. Need Lost Boys too, but after that I'm at a loss. Boo.

Oh dear. I feel strange again, I'm going to have to go before I say anything too weird.

:0(

9 comments:

thetapeworm said...

"A diversity of tubes can be pushed through the same incision or other small incisions permitting the introduction of probes and other instruments"

PROBES!!! You are getting probed!! By aliens!!! Maybe *cough* sorry... erm...

Be careful! One slip of the tweezers and the patient will cry out and her nose will light up!

The most successful surgeon wins the most money... and the game!

Use the tweezers to carefully remove parts from the patient's body, but don't touch the metal, or her nose will light up and she'll cry out!

Recommended for ages 6 to 12 years.
Suitable for 2 to 4 players.

Or something like that :)

They've been quite efficient getting you booked in so I guess that's a good thing, I forgot to tell you I'd been in hospital recently, I'm a bit crap at remembering things.

Anyway I'm sure they will look after you, I was very impressed with the service when I went in, lots of mentalists on the ward too so there was no shortage of entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Good luck dude. I've had 2 operations and had never been to hospital until I was 29, so understand how you're feeling. Drop me a mail if you fancy a whine.

iPandah said...

Ming! Dude! How can you fail to tell me such a thing!! I shall grill you about it tomorrow......
I've just put a new lightbulb in my nose so hopefully that'll help 'em out. I was hoping more for 4 to 6 players though really, but that's cos I'm feeling over-dramatic about it.

Pawpads - Thanks!!! It's all a bit weird, I may take you up on your offer, you may regret it! Muwhahahaha!

:0)

Tim said...

Good luck to ya iPandah! I'm sure everything will be fine and dandy and you'll be up and about in no time. And there's nothing wrong with Maximo Park and Panic! At least not that I know of…

As for films… The Prestige!!!

Anonymous said...

Last time I was in, I was woken up at 5.30 am by one woman trying to get into the wrong bed, and the women whose bed it was, was going nuts.

What a fantastic way to be woken up at stupid O' clock.

skillz said...

Good luck with the op! For the recovery I can recommend the film Misery. I fell asleep halfway through but it's pretty much about the love that blossoms between a patient and a nurse.

thetapeworm said...

For a film to watch consider "Johnny Got His Gun" :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067277/

I'll lend it to you with some other randomness.

As for the rest just keep an eye out for John.

Miss Smuggersham said...

You will be so ok! I have had a few procedures and one operation and I didn't have any body flash backs to them.

The good thing is that you will reccover very quickly, and the medication they give you is great!

Good luck! I pray to Baby Jeebus and Tom Cruise for you!

Little Nut Tree said...

I hope it goes well today for ya.. I have to say I really like chick flicks (some of them are just what the doctor ordered...) but I'm I also really enjoy things like Underworld (really good) Blade (OK) Blade II ... er pants!! :o)
What did you think of that one?
My brother was a bit gutted I didn't like I think (He loved it!) but I did have trouble staying engaged with the TV screen..

The prestige? Now that a good one!
Hope you recover nice and quickly!