Saturday, January 13, 2007

Lazy TV

I have taken my laziness to new heights recently, adapting my skill to television. I have begun to a new method with certain programmes whereby I only tune in for the last ten minutes. With shows like Ten Years Younger, Property Ladder and You Are What Youo Eat, this works wonders, as I see the before and afters, without having to sit through the participants' struggles. With Celebrity Big Brother (not a programme I usually watch at all, but I was off ill when it began and there was nothing else on at the time), I simply watch Russell Brand's Big Mouth Show. I figure, anything Russell finds to be of interest, is likely to be the same thing I would find to be of interest, so I don't need to sit through all of that "It's 10.38 in the Big Brother house, and Jermaine is polishing his face." This also works with the news, as they very kindly provide summaries, though I can also use t'internet for that, so even less effort is involved. I don't watch a great deal of TV in the first place, as there aint really much on I'm in to. But it pleases me that if there is something on I might consider, I only have to spend a few minutes of my time watching it. I'm looking to apply this skill to other areas of my life, but as of yet, nothing has come up that seems appropriate. Tsk. I shall persevere.

So Night At The Museum was pretty good. The all star cast meant that I hardly noticed Stiller, so he didn't offend me too much. The child in it was both weird (in looks and manner) and annoying, but everyone else (even the highly irritating Robin Williams) was marvellous. Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan triumphed in their roles, and Dick Van Dyke was his usual brilliant self. It's definitely worth seeing. Next on our list is Apocalypto, and some other stuff but I can't remember.

Ooh, my dinner is ready, I shall return shortly and finish off my posting.

I know I can save as draft, but I'm too lazy. Meh.

No comments: