Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Elementary


Thought I should do some blogging, especially as I have a blog, otherwise there probably aint no point.

Hello! Last week was tres eventful, hence my slacking. A highlight included buying 'Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Collection' for only £42.99 from HMV, when its RRP is £119.99. They've put the price back up to that now, but I don't care cos I've already got it! It's the Jeremy Brett version, for anyone who cares, and will look very pretty next to my Basil rathbone Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection. I should point out that I have a Sherlock Holmes obsession, and have multiple copies of the same books with different covers. It's a compulsion, like in 'Conspiracy Theory' where Mel Gibson has to buy a copy of 'Catcher In The Rye' if he sees one. I'm clearly weird, but I don't care, it's a healthy obsession when you can get a 16 disc DVD boxed set for 80 squids less than you should have. I also bought Evil Dead 2 for £3.99, another bargain I feel.

I was sent on an Excel course on Thursday and Friday, simply because the girl who should have gone on it, is off sick after going to India for two weeks over Christmas. She has three different infections and parasites in her stomach. Nice. So anyway, I was sent instead cos otherwise we'd get charged £200 for nothing. Imagine the cheek of charging that for an Excel course anyway, especially the one I was on as it turned out. Alas, my colleague has a very basic grasp of Excel, so I was on a complete beginners course. I had hoped to learn something, obviously not being a fan of Microsoft products, my knowledge of them is also limited, but as I also use it every day, teaching me anything was not going to happen. I already know how to insert cells, cut, copy and paste, and use autosum. Sigh. So I spent two days bored shitless. One advantage was that as it was in the city and ran from 9.30am to 4.00pm, I parked at Hefty's office, and we walked in and sat in Pret a Manger for an hour having breakfast both days. Finishing earlier than work is also a bonus, and I perused l'internet all day whilst he taught the chimps from the dairy over the road how to do their jobs. As they make my life miserable by knowing NOTHING, I hope some of it sank in. They didn't speak to me as they knew I was a Head Office bod, but meh, I didn't care, didn't particularly want to fraternise with those punks anyway.

So that was that. On Saturday, I met my sister and the Biz for some shopping. I got home later than planned and fell asleep watching one of my many SH DVDs. I woke up wondering what was going on, then we ate food and watch Evil Dead 2. On Sunday we had to go out with my Grandpa and his wife. It was okay, but we had to choose off a set menu, and I clearly picked the wrong thing. Also, my sis and co were supposed to come, but the Biz has chicken pox!! It's not going down well, she's spotty and irritable and has taken to growling like a dinosaur. She's in quarantine too so both her and my sis are bored with being house-bound!!!

So it seems to have been a busy old time, and I've been too tired to do any blogging, which isn't really an excuse but it's the one I'm using.

I do have a couple of things I'd like to comment on. I'm leaving out the BRASHness, as I fear my new-found aggression has scared people off reading this!! So I'm now going to call this section, 'Things that really are quite beastly, do you have any Pimms?' Or something.

Ahem.


Jade - Please PLEASE can this be the last we hear of her. I'm not amused by her lack of intelligence or class, and frankly her face offends me.

Dorset - What is wrong with these people? Have they really nothing better to do than travel 100 miles to pick nappies up off a beach? And do they not realise that posing for photos is stoopid? We now know who you all are you fools!! And will avoid you in case you try to steal our belongings because you think they're entitled to them. I don't care if you have a form, get off my car.

The government - I've had enough of you for too many reasons to list now. I'm emigrating somewhere else. To a country where you don't get the most out of it by being a sponger. To a country where the 40% tax Hefty gets taken off him, might actually go to benefit us rather than lazy chavs. Puh. You're a bunch 'o bastards, I'm feckin' off.


So that's me, though I'm about to post something else. But that's it for this bit.

Ciao for now :0)

iP

3 comments:

skillz said...

The tiles at Baker Street station have little pictures of Holmes on them, will make to note to vandalise one off the wall as a souvenir. It's mine by rights anyway, the price of my travelcard is extortionate.

As for Excel, man I've never known a computer program to rock my world so much. It's all about macros- master those and you'll have your colleagues eating out of your pocket.

iPandah said...

You must, at the very least, photograph these tiles if possible!!! Awesome!!

The trainer dude did show me some nifty tricks in the breaks. I'm looking forward to 'validation.'

skillz said...

Yeah validation is pretty cool, especially since you can get little dialog boxes that say whatever message you want when they type something wrong:

"You're supposed to type a number here jerkface! Try again without being so stupid"