Tuesday, September 26, 2006

There can be only one


I can't believe it's Tuesday evening already, this week seems to be going a lot quicker than last. We did indeed go for a walk on Saturday, through the big field behind our house, but we had to stop when we got to a footpath blocked by cows. Working in the dairy industry (and the company responsible for those evil cows that want their milk back), I know better than to a aggravate a bovine, so we turned back. It's not that they're aggressive, but they can crush you without realising, never good. On Sunday we went to this shoppingy place with a Habitat and Heals, which was pretty good, but we didn't see anything we wanted to purchase. We were ripped off royally in the cafe thing there though, they charged £18.35 for two sandwiches and a couple of pomegrenate juices!!! It's not often I think to myself, 'It's cheaper in Starbucks.' It was nice, but still. Yesterday, I went to see my highly entertaining niece, and was set upon by the hounds as soon as I got in. I say hounds, they're tiny little white Maltese lap dog thingys. They're lovely and cute, but rather excitable, so I now have a huge claw mark running down the top of my chest. That'll teach me to wear a low cut trendy top. I look like some kind of fetishist. Or S&M superstar. Then Biz kept dropping books on my feet, so now I can't wear any nice shoes until the bruising has gone. Today I went to see my immortal Grandfather. The man has had four heart attacks, three strokes and a hip replacement. You wouldn't know to look at him, I have a feeling he's secretly a MacLeod. He'll outlive us all, he doesn't even lose conscienceness whilst all these strokes and attacks are going on. I hope I'm as strong. Though obviously there can be only one, so I'll have to cut his head off at some point. I'll leave it a bit, I haven't got much time for The Quickening at the moment. Though tomorrow, I am planning on having another Futurama Day. But I'm not giving that up for anything. His time will come, and all that. Tomorrow is cinema night, though I'm having the Will Ferrell Wiggins. I want to see the Ricky Bobby film, but I'm thinking of seeing something else because I have this Will Ferell Wiggins thing, where I start panicking that every film I see with him in is going to be as bad as Anchorman was. I might have to re-consider. Clerks 2 is on next week's agenda, cos we have to watch the first one again before we go, which doesn't leave much. Maybe that Queen film. It's supposed to be brilliant, but I'm not sure how much I want to see a film about the Queen. Still, a good film about Her Maj is better than a bad film about racing. Hmmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noooooo!

I watched Anchorman (with a silent W) last week after being told by the world and his wife that it was the best film ever.


It wasn't.

I think I smirked twice ~ not even a bloody fnar or a guffaw. I was feeling most miffed and began to think that maybe I have no sense of humour ~ but surely that's not the case. I have, therefore, come to the conclusion that it's just a shite film.


True story.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
skillz said...

I too was disappointed by Anchorman, despite everyone saying how great it was.

And don't get me started on Dodgeball. It was ok, but not good enough to lick the soles of Kingpin.

iPandah said...

Clearly I am right to suffer from the Will Ferrell Wiggins. Therefore I shall NOT go and see it tonight. Phew, we can all breathe a little deeper now.....