Sunday, September 10, 2006

18 Times


According to iTunes, I have played 'Dirty' by KORN 18 times in the past couple of weeks. How can this be? I thought I'd listened a couple of times but that seems excessive. So I decided to see what else I've been obsessively hearing and discovered that the artists breaking into double figures are:

Kidney Thieves
Adema
KORN (again)
Lacuna Coil

Is it possible to play all this stuff all the time and not even notice? Clearly I am some kind of moron. The only explanation I can think of is that I have them on a playlist, on repeat, and have muted my Mac for some reason or other and not bothered to un-mute it. They might have been playing on a loop for hours. Then again, I have just realised that I am currently listening to 'Dirty' AGAIN as I write this. So I guess I am just a moron. Oh well.
Today Hefty and I went into my work so I could do some stuff. He sat and watched The Sopranos whilst I crunched numbers and filed things. The security guard who was in today is called Louis Bonaparte, which I just think is the best name ever. For a security guard anyway. He's bound to lead some kind of Security Revolution with a name like that. We got home about an hour ago now and I feel ready to go to sleep! I had the worst night's sleep ever last night though, so it's unsurprising really. Ironically, our fancy new Habitat bed arrived yesterday, which looks proper bo. I don't think the bed is the reason I ached and woke up all sweaty though. I think it's cos we cleaned, tidied and moved stuff all day yesterday, not something I'm accustomed to. We then watched 'The Fifth Element' on laserdisc . It was tres entertaining, but tonight is Midsomer Murders night, compulsive viewing in the Mr and Mrs Pandah household. Nettles is a triumph, and has the longest fingernails ever!! Long fingernails on men are SOOOOOO Un-attractive. But as Nettles's are also yellow, it's a real horror-treat when you see them. In fact, they become more important than the murders as time goes on. I shall keep you informed as to how many times we see them tonight. Interestingly, when you Google 'long fingernails', page 2 features 'Busty whore with long fingernails' (self-explanatory), and 'long fingernails and more!' (far from self-explanatory). Here's a tip, try not to have SafeSearch on for the latter image. And if you want a bit more excitment in your life, there's always The Story of Vivian's Nails.
Well, I'm off now, got to compile a tally chart for tonight. Come on Nettles, make me proud.

2 comments:

skillz said...

I've never seen Midsomer Murders, but I can't see how it could possibly compare to Columbo. Nettles seems too tidy and eloquent and un-cross-eyed to be a real detective.

iPandah said...

I have a lot of time for Columbo (who also has long nails, but dirty!), though I do prefer to try and work out whodunnit myself, rather than watch something happen and have to endure someone else working it out. Nettles is essentially an older Bergerac, one who has calmed down from his alcoholic, womanising days in Jersey. He now has a wife, daughter, and different Jaguar. It's brilliant because it's ridiculous.