Monday, September 04, 2006

Darth Power


I am so busy at work I may die. I got in before 8am this morning, left at 6.30pm, and after I've written this, will spend the rest of the evening doing some more!!! I hate month end!! It's no fun when you work in accounts.
Anyhoo, as I'm on a limited amount of time (gotta get back to the grindstone), here is the story of my car crash. I should point out that it's probably not THAT exciting (sorry pawpads, hope you're not too disappointed!), but it was more interesting than if it hadn't happened. Ahem. So, Hefty and I were on our way back from work, and needed to go to Sainsbury's. So we pulled into the car park (which is mahoossive) and drove around to get to the bit where we normally like to park (am I the only person who always tries to park in the same place at supermarkets?!). It was absolutley chucking it down and there were big pools of water everywhere, it was just like Jurassic Park. I turned a corner, not particularly fast, but suddenly, the back end of my car span out, and we rotated like a professional ice-skater, before flying up a kerb (a la Bullitt) and landing in some shrubbery and a tree! Holy moly!! All that crap they feed you about steering into stuff, who has time to think about that shit??? It happened so fast!!! And at that point, it was even more like Jurassic Park, except that we weren't actually IN the tree, just sort of next to it. The adrenalin kicked in and I couldn't move my legs!!! What kind of damage had I done to my car!!! As I couldn't move, Hefty got out to examine the vehicle......UNLIKE Jurassic Park, there was no damage at all!! WTF?!! I do have a big, black 4WD whom I lovingly refer to as Darth, because he's, well, big and black, but also the console and CD player light up red inside which is particularly Vadery. Hefty did discover that upon hitting the tree, the aerial had snapped off, but that won't be difficult or expensive to replace. Unbelievable!! Then, this dude on a motorbike turned up and said "How did you get in there?" I wasn't in the mood!! CLEARLY it wasn't deliberate!!!! I felt like growling "There is no escape, don't make me destroy you...." Punk ass mofo. Anyway, thanks to Darth Power, we were able to reverse out of the bushes quite easily, but we'd made a bit of a mess!! I was kind of scared to get back in after we'd done the shopping, but as Hefty can't drive, I had to overcome my fear and get on with it! Luckily, the force was strong with me, and we made it home alive.....if you only knew, the power of the dark side....
So that was it. Dramatic, scary, but not THAT exciting. At least there was no damage (apart from the aerial). So there you go. I REALLY have to go now, I have so much number crunching to do and my brain already hurts!

Ow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The force truely is strong with you.