Monday, February 25, 2008

Brief encounter

Well, it was sunny today, hurrah! About time too, as it was a pretty abismal weekend weather wise. Hefty has been ill all week, and got considerably worse on Wednesday which ended up with him being in bed all weekend. Before the weekend began though, on Friday night we attempted to watch 'Smokin' Aces'. What an absolutely, undeniably APPALLING excuse for a film. Slow doesn't even begin to describe it. And then there's the mumbling, incomprehensible dialogue, not to mention the characters, whom, quite frankly, I didn't give a toss about. Also, it was penned as a dark comedy, hmm, not so much dark as smoggy, and comedy? Highly questionable!! It's one of those films where the trailer is better than the actual event. RUBBISH! Luckily, we also had 'Severance' to watch, and thankfully it saved the evening. It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was entertaining, easy to watch, and Danny Dyer was hilarious. Hurrah for 'Severance'!!!

Oh dear, I suddenly feel very sick. I must go.....eugh.....

2 comments:

Tim said...

I've not seen Smokin' Aces, but apparently the new Captain Kirk is in it in a cameo role.

I think I'll wait till Star Trek comes out.

iPandah said...

Good god! Yes, I think you should! I wouldn't want anyone to suffer that film!