Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ouch!


Yesterday, Ozzy was particularly hyper, and though I was trying to rest because I have somehow hurt my right shoulder (and the pain leaked into my neck and between my shoulders), I was having to pull him away from plants, coal, carpet etc. every 20 seconds, so I decided to brave the elements and walk him. Now, I normally take him round the village, but this time, I decided to drive to the local stately home and its grounds, as it's a good long walk, guaranteed to tire out the biggest of hounds!

So we got there, and it was raining, but it didn't faze me, or Ozzy, so we set off. It was all grand, until we got to the top of the hill we'd scaled, where the house is. I wanted to give him a good run, so I took him on to the grass, which was all fine, until I stumbled upon a boggy bit and slipped royally. I landed with a HUGE thud, right on my arse and skidded on said body part for about 2 metres. I was absolutely filthy, as you can imagine. But also, I'd put my arm down to break my fall (my left, as I'm left-handed), and felt the biggest judder run through my shoulder when I did. I had to sit there, in the mud, for about 5 minutes, as I thought I'd really hurt myself. However, sitting in cold, wet mud, isn't much fun anyway, but when it's soaked through to your pants, you have to think about getting up really. So I did, and realised it was okay, so we headed back to the car. Needless to say, by the time we got there, we were both caked in mud, and I had to sit on a puppy pad to protect my car seat!

I got in, and had to remove my trousers in the hall, and run upstairs to bath Ozzy. He was really dirty, and I tried to take a picture, but it hasn't really captured just how filthy he was. Anyway, I bathed him, then had a shower myself, and spent the rest of the afternoon asleep, because I was shattered, and in pain.

Well, I have woken up today, and OMG I am in PAIN, PAIN, PAIN!!! Now, I have 2 f*cked shoulders, my WHOLE neck hurts, and I feel sick! From the pain! I can barely move my left side, it's awful. I'm taking some Nurofen, but I think I'm going to have to go to the doctors to check I haven't done something more serious.

Ooh it's all one big adventure at the moment! By the way, I had flipped that picture of Ozzy, but for some reason, it'll only come up like that, so you might have to bend your neck to look at it (something I can't do!).

I've got to go to the hairdressers shortly, not my favourite place, well, I say that, I like the place, and the girl who does it, I just find sitting down for a couple of hours whilst someone fiddles with my hair, kind of boring. Luckily, I'm taking my DS with me, which should stave off the boredom. I'm just not looking forward to it cos I'm in pain! Oh well.

Anyway, have to go wake Hefty up so I can get ready (he'll need to dogsit).

Ciao for now.

iP

1 comment:

Tim said...

I did wonder why you made him sit at a right angle to the floor - but then I realised you didn't!

Hope your shoulders, back, and neck feel better soon - I can totally sympathise on back pain. Get some nurofen heated back pads - they work a treat. Oh, and T-Bird recommend wheat bags to me the other week -you can warm them in the microwave!