Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year?


Well, I had hoped to get a post in before the new year, but things haven't really gone according to plan. Where do I start?!

Ozzy has kept us busy, he's a hyperactive little fella and hard work, but thoroughly adorable. He's quite naughty, but it adds to the charm!

Christmas has gone too quickly as per usual. I had a nice birthday, though as it was the day after we got Ozzy, I was shattered, after a pretty sleepless night. I don't remember a great deal about it, I mean it was nearly a month ago now, but it was alright.
Hefty had a nice birthday too, I bought him the complete Sopranos boxed set and a wickedace Rocky dressing gown, which is essentially a dressing gown version of the silk ringside gown Rocky wears.



His folks came up too which was cool, it's always nice to see them. Then Christmas came and went! I got some cool stuff though:

Peep Show DVD boxed set
Special Edition Black Hawk Down (3 discs!)
Open All Hours Series 3 (I've only one more to get now!)
Two Love and Rockets Books: Maggie the Mechanic and Heartbreak Soup
A big Remy from Ratatouille toy
A cartridge with about 20 Nintendo DS games on it
Loads of Soap & Glory stuff
A Mr T mug
A breakfast set
Humble Pie - Gordon Ramsay's autobiography
A Mutts Gone Mad calendar
Cesar's Way - A book by the Dog Whisperer from Sky
Toys You Pestered Your Parents For book
Dark Chocolate Liqueur Chocolates (good old Step-Grandma, managed to buy a product with the two things I'm most allergic to in it)
Milky Bar Buttons
Thornton's White Chocolate Snowman

I'm sure there was other stuff, but I can't look because of the reason New Year was a bit of a washout. To begin with, SuperSaz was taken into hospital on Saturday with suspected Appendicitis, they've dawdled to say the least, and she's STILL in, not knowing what's wrong with her, when she can come out, or what they're doing for her. If it had been life-threatening she'd have probably died by now. Punks. She's still in pain but they can't do all the tests they need to do at once cos there's no-one to do them, so they're doing one every two days at the moment!!! It's well shit. So last night, we spent the evening in hospital with her, as she's on a ward on her own! There's no-one else at all! Just five empty beds! Not the best way to spend New Years Eve. I hate it anyway, as does she, but we were supposed to be spending it together at our house with a Chinese and a film. We left her at about half 10, cos my sister was dog-sitting Ozzy, as he doesn't like being on his own. I'm trying to get him used to it gradually, but leaving him for three hours wasn't an option, so we've been leaving him with her and her lot (Sophie, Sugar and Henry). Well, Ozzy's hyper anyway, and because there's only three weeks between him and Henry, they play like maniacs, and as we were leaving hospital, she rang to say they'd had to take him to the emergency vets cos he'd had an accident. He's pulled a ligament in his back leg, and can't walk at all. I have to keep him confined to his bed for the next two or three days cos he needs complete rest, which means I have to sit with him constantly otherwise he fidgets and starts yelping! We've got pain killers for him but he's really subdued. It's awful. I've had no sleep, I was up all night panicking about him, so am plying myself with coffee to stave off the tiredness and pounding headache. I told SuperSaz to stay with us when she comes out cos she lives on her own, and I want to look after her, so Hefty is getting the spare bedroom ready. But it feels like we're running a hospital! My sister's really upset cos she feels like it's her fault, but he's so hyper it could have happened anywhere, at any time. He's so full of it I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. It's typical it happened on New Years Eve though, the tablets cost £2.00 and the call-out charge was £85.00!! With VAT it's come out at one hundred squids!!!

So, not the best Christmas OR New Year really! Poor Ozmond, and SuperSaz!



I always hated January anyway, roll on February!

Hope everyone else had a better time, though it can't have been hard!

iP :0(

2 comments:

Tim said...

That'a awful. Crappy New Year!!

I'm sure both SuperSaz and Ozzy will be up and around soon. Ozzy looks well-put out in that pic. I hope you're giving him the doggy-equivalent of Lucozade and a copy of the Beano (that's what my mum did when I was ill, except she gave me real Lucozade, not a doggy equivalent).

Roll on better times!!

iPandah said...

Not sure Lucozade's a good idea, lack of energy aint the problem!!! Beano might be a winner though, he loves chewing paper!!!!