Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Never a pair


Well well, I've got slack again! I'm still not fully recovered though so it's not solely due to laziness!!

So I'm still very tired and congested since having the flu thing. Hefty got me some Sudafed tablets yesterday, which were a revelation! You're not allowed to take more than 4 in any 24 hours though so I can't have anymore until tomorrow! Still, they've done a pretty good job so far so I'm not complaining!

Not sure I have much to say today.......ooh, I went into town on Friday and quite frankly, it was shit! There was nothing in the shops, and what was, was rubbish! I've never felt so un-Christmassy whilst Christmas shopping!! It was most disappointing, so I'm going to stick to online shopping from now on. I know it's still November and they might not have everything out yet, but WHY haven't they? It's not like most shops don't start Christmas in September anyway, why is this year different?!!!!

In other news, there's a phenomenon that has had me puzzled for quite some time now, and I'm not sure if it only happens in my part of the world. Does anyone else ever notice that the roadsides are strewn with shoes (never a pair), gloves (again, never two), and other articles of clothing that you can't make out? Today, I counted two boots (individual ones), a glove, and something which I couldn't make out but appeared to be made of wool. I see these things all the time, whichever part of this city I drive through. I just don't understand where they're coming from? It makes no sense? You can't just lose a shoe on a road, surely?!! It's all very odd anyway, but I wasn't sure if it only happened in Yorkshire.

We're going to design our new kitchen tonight, which will either be really exciting, or extremely boring. The one we got in this house is pretty poor, to say the least. Not only is it crap quality, there's hardly anything of it! We have a big kitchen, but they only put a couple of units in as they were selling it as a dining kitchen. Fair enough, but the dining bit is next to the dining room!! Talk about dining over load! It really is crap for a 4 bedroomed three storey house. We have 2 main cupboards (one of which is under the sink and so can only house under the sink style products), 2 thin shallow ones, and another wide but shallow one. Oh, and 2 drawers. Big frakking deal. When we first came into the house having not seen it, I cried with disappointment. We've complained numerous times but Persimmon are clearly not willing to do anything about it so we decided we'll just have to pay for a proper one ourselves. If we couldn't afford to do so I'd be mighty pissed off, and even though we can I'm mighty pissed off, but at least I don't have to live with it for much longer. We're just getting a quote tonight, as Hefty likes to pay in full for everything, he doesn't do credit, but at least we'll get an idea of when we can have it done. I really can't wait, as though I love my house, there's always been something missing, and it's always been the kitchen! Not having one is really depressing, as it feels like a really big bedsit at the moment, and it made Christmas last year a nightmare. There's hardly any workspace either so we can't both do kitcheny things at the same time which is annoying. I don't know how we've put up with it for so long, but thank gods it's not forever!

Next week I'm going out for the day with Ming, as he's on holiday. As we only do random things together, we've decided to visit the Thackray Medical Museum, which should be a mini adventure. They have a Victorian Amputation Exhibition section, can't wait!!!

Well, need to do some washing now, a Domestic Engineer's work is never done!

iP

3 comments:

Tim said...

Good point - there's a fair few shoes around Londinium these days too!

Ooo, kitcheny fun! I wanted to change the one in Sparky Towers pretty quickly too, but stuck with it otherwise I never would've moved in. I've grown to think it's alright, though I will spruce it up at some point. I salute Hefty's no credit stance - I'm exactly the same!

iPandah said...

I think your kitchen is of great value as it has produced many a tantalising treat! The chip/cheese baguette, the mini hamburgers, the list is endless! It deserves a blue plaque.

Tim said...

And a good scrub!